Long term accommodation in and around Perugia

Hi everybody,

I have been offered a one year contract with an international organisation in Colombella, cca 20km north-east of Perugia.
Where/how should I start looking for a studio/one-bedroom apartment?
All ads on the web seem to be for holidaymakers.

I would very much appreciate your help

Hi

I have a self contained 1 bed apartment full furnished in Castiglione della Valle 12KM from Perugia (SE)

Rural setting quite and peaceful set in 10 acres

Nick

Thanks, but that is on the wrong side of Perugia (I mean for my needs). Lot of driving on narrow roads !?
Also, I will be working from dark to dark so I prefer something closer to shops, restaurants etc.
I am looking at Ponte San Giovanni or Ponte Felcino.
If you have time you can tell me what you think of them.

Hi, I personally find these 2 locations not particularly attractive. They are high-density living quarters and although they have all amenities I can think of other more charming areas. Have you considered Umbertide (I'm sure you can find alot there for rent) which has a pretty lively expat comunity and is just a short drive down the E45. I quite like Bettona too.

When you will be in the area, don't miss to visit Isola Maggiore  (Lago Trasimeno). I am living there since two years and half and it is a very special place.
If you need more information look at my BLOG :
jeanwilmotte.it

I also think Umbertide is a good choice.  Also a lot of apartments available, so you can make choices.

Funny - the timing of the last reply.

Tomorrow my daughter will be signing a contract for one year in a brand-new apartment development on Via Manzani in Ponte San Giovanni.
Agree that PSG is not a particularly attractive place, but this new neighbourhood is nice. There are several supermarkets within walking distance, train station for weekend trips just accross the street. And the Post Office, to pay all those bills, is there too.
My daughter hates, and is scared of, driving in Italy. With notable exceptions the roads here are awfull compared to Australia and Melbourne in particular. She will not even dream of getting on one of the "autostradas" around Perugia.
Driving from PSG to Colombella is not bad now, but she is scared of winter when it will be dark, raining etc.

She took the work contract in Italy as a door opener for freelance work for the organisation later, from her home in The Lucky country.

Me and my wife are here to help her settling in, and to do a bit of sightseeing. Umbria around Perugia is beautifull if you are retired and don't have to harry up somewhere and make phonecalls on the way.

Joe

Good luck and happy stay to your daughter.
Cordially,
Jean WILMOTTE (Only known as "Gianni" on the Isola Maggiore)
http://www.jeanwilmotte.it

Hi I'm looking for a one bed flat in Perugia if anyone can help. My dad is having cancer treatment in Perugia and need an accommodation for the duration of the treatment. It is only my dad and mum who'll be staying there. Please help needed ASAP budget is £450-£500 a month

Hi Ihsaan786,

This is an old inactive thread. You should post your ad in the housing in Umbria section.
Thank you
Christine