Close

Need Urgent Guidance. Please help

Hello Everyone

Actually I am in urgent need of guidance. Please see if you can help.

I am an Indian and Chartered Accountant and Bachelor of Commerce degree holder. Currently I'm in Dubai UAE on visit visa valid for next 40 days & looking for a job . I have got an offer letter from one company, but the vacancy is there in their Muscat branch.

Now they are asking me to go to India and get my medical checkup done and send them my medical report and then only the company 's PRO will apply for quota and once quota is approved, they will get my visa ready and send it to me @ India so that I can come to Oman & join my job. I have also booked my ticket for 1st of June to India from UAE. They have not even asked me to get my degree attested.

The problem is that if I exit UAE in 2 days and by any chance, God forbid, if the quota or visa is rejected, it will be all lost.

Since I am on single entry visa, I even can't come back to UAE and I will be forced to work in India.

They said they will genuinely try for it but they can't assure as to whether they will be able to get my quota and visa cleared.

Now my questions are:

1) Wat is the exact legal process and sequence to arrange my entry in Oman??

2) can't I get my medical done in UAE and apply for Omani quota on the basis of the same?

3) what is the basis for approval or disapproval of quota?

4) Is it possible that company first apply for quota and if it's approved, then only I go to India for medical checkup and send it to Oman for visa application?

following are the answers to your questions:

1) Wat is the exact legal process and sequence to arrange my entry in Oman??

What they have said is absolutely correct. You must provide the medical from the country where you reside, i.e. INDIA. You must exit to India and then send all the documents. Once the apply for the labor "Clearance" which you're saying as QUOTA,  it would be purely on ministry of manpower to approve or not. This can take time from as low as one week to even 3 months (Or in some cases, may be more). It also depends upon how big the company / your employer is. Once the clearance is obtained, then they will apply you visa and further you can come down.

2) can't I get my medical done in UAE and apply for Omani quota on the basis of the same?

NO.

3) what is the basis for approval or disapproval of quota?

Basis of approval:  If your employer proves the ministry of manpower that the work for which they intend to hire you can not be done by anyone else (Specially by an Omani).

Disapproval Basis:  If the ministry feels that the job can be done by an Omani, they will reject the clearance.

4) Is it possible that company first apply for quota and if it's approved, then only I go to India for medical checkup and send it to Oman for visa application?

Usually, companies already have the clearances or quota available and only after that, they hire the people.  In your case, it seems they dun have the quota and they've just selected you on the assumption basis. Be careful.

Its purely your own decision on how you pursue further on.

Expatriate health insurance in Muscat

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Muscat

Moving to Muscat

Find tips from professionals about moving to Muscat

Travel insurance in Muscat

Enjoy stress-free travel to Muscat

Flights to Muscat

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Muscat

2 million members!

Watch later