looking for prime accommodation in Mali

Hello.  I am likely to be working in Bamako from around July, for one year or more.  I have lived in other parts of Africa, but never in Mali -- and almost don't know Bamako.

Can someone give me suggestions about accommodation for rent ?  I essentially want the best possible accommodation within a 'normal' range, i.e. not a palace.  I have a fair budget, so I would not mind spending well for good accommodation.

I am ok with house or apartment.  The most important thing to me, is to be in a block of buildings or compound or whatever, which has a gym, and if possible a swimming pool.  In Kinshasa I used to live in a compound which had this and also restaurants and bars, and the apartment included cleaning and TV and internet etc, which was what I am kind of looking for.

Is there such a thing in Bamako -- an apartment block or a compound with such facilities, where I can rent a villa or apartment inside ?  How much would it cost, and who do I contact to pre-book ?

If there is no such thing, in that case what is the best way to find my own villa or apartment -- furnished ?

All help very appreciated. :)

Hello rolando78 :cheers:

I invite you to check out rental adverts in our Housing in Bamako section of the site to find out a nice rentla :top:

You may also drop an advert of your search there too.

Hi there have you got your accommodation if not you can contact this person ***

Moderated by Priscilla 5 months ago
Reason : please share personal information in private

Questions and answers about housing

Ask your question
Bamako flatshare
By Christine
rental bamako
By ritabamako

Expatriate health insurance in Bamako

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bamako

Moving to Bamako