Healthcare in Mali

Hi,

how does the healthcare system work in Mali ? Is it efficient ?

What are the main differences between public and private sectors?

Is it recommended to purchase private health insurance in Mali?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience !

Julien

Rather get your own health insurance. Chemists are quite well stocked (lot of expired stuff lol )I use IAPA travel insurance. Covers me for any event

Hi,

In order to help expats and soon-to-be expats, we would like to invite you to share your experience on this topic, with updated info on the healthcare system.

Thank you in advance,

Julie
Expat.com Team

Hi Julien
As posted above,  het private health care IAPA is the best.
Much of the medication here is out of date.  The 'Dr'  is saw for a kidney problem I have from a previous bit of hepatitis B in Sierra Leone, prescribed the wrong medication to me which nearly killed me. If you can't speak French it's even worse,  even using a transaction program.  Check all medication you are given online anyway to be safe.
Eventually I found my own meds online and went to a chemist who then gave me the right meds.
IAPA will fly you from where ever you are to an internationally recognised hospital for proper treatment,  so the best back up for you or your family.
I you need anything go to my hotel la Campagnard and ask for Paul the owner. Great guy and can help you with anything you need (owns a computer place as well so can get you anything you need in electronics or phones)
Keep safe and God bless