In retrospect, would you move again to Liberia?

Hi all,

If you had to look back on your expat experience in Liberia, would you heartily say "let's do it again"?

From the preparation stage to your actual everyday life in your new country, what did you enjoy the most?

Would you do certain things differently? Could you tell us why?

How would you describe the benefits of your expatriation in Liberia so far?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience. We look forward to hearing from you!

Christine

I went to Liberia for the purpose to help the children had been supporting for 6 years. It was a trial in all ways.  Had to have security at all times because am  American,  armed robberies frequent,  no electricity in very hot weather. Ebola was at highest peak when was there an so the children could not move about as accustomed to, school was closed so we did home school. Banks long lines an ATM 's down very often, cabs very high an often full. Groceries are high.
It is a very hard life for most Liberians, they live on about $1.00 a day. So they bombard you with their wares.
The children are mostly teens now, except for two, so placed them with family an send for school now that school resumed last fall.
It was very expensive for me to live there caring for others as well,  they would like me to come back an am considering even though took a lot out of me.