Tips and advice to thrive in Switzerland

Hi,

When living in a foreign country, you have to adapt to a new environment, various cultures and different social codes.

How did you manage to adjust to Switzerland?

How long does it take to feel at home? Would you say it is an easy process?

According to you, what is key for a successful integration process in Switzerland?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience!

Priscilla

In order to integrate in Switzerland i think you should overcome the transportation issue, as it is not cheap for non-students.
Apart from this, you should have your own network of people who are willing to direct you the right way.
Im still new here in Solothurn, id welcome any discussion about life in Switzerland.
Thank you :)
Manar

Try to learn the language as soon as.  Even if you know very little, use what you can.  It's much appreciated. 

Join a sports club, meet some like-minded individuals. : )

If you have children put yourself out of the comfort zone and hang out with people outside your language and cultural group. Like Swiss parents and other expats. Play groups are a great way to meet other parents and for both adults and children to learn the local language.

Hi,

It's easy if you speak the local language, as it means being able to participate in all local events, either with neighbours or within the commune that one lives in.

The second aspect is to not expect life to be like it was "back home" but rather to embrace the local customs.

Avoid comparing with other places that you've lived in.

Enjoy all the new experiences and the positive new differences.

I perceive it to be all about having the right attitude.

So get there, and revel in the delights that your new country and its amazing people have to offer.

Not to be really picky, but considering a certain political party here, was it a wise choice to put a black sheep among the white? Or are you promoting that party?

Hi,if you  mead just send me your mobile mumber and will be more easy .....c u bye

I so much agree with Carina. One sure  thing I've known in  Switzerland is that the swiss, name them, german, french, italian or romansch are cautious with new  people but warm up to them with time and once appreciated ,always  appreciated. Solid friends for ever, just like the Alps. :cheers: