Visa options?

Hi all!
My fiancee and I are looking to move to Barcelona in august. I have a British passport however my partner does not. What sort of visas  are available to Australians and does anyone have any tips on how to obtain one? Thanks!!

Does he have hopes of working or can he work remotely for a company in another country?

non EU citizens need to obtain a visa which will allow them to be residents.  There is non lucrative as well as retirement, which gives 1 year and then allows renewals of 2x 2yrs and then a 5 yr renewal.  Both of these will not allow any work in Spain.  If interested in either of these, we can help.  http://liveinspain.wagonersabroad.com/

Depending on the age, there is a student visa.  If he can secure a job in Spain, where the company is willing to sponsor him, He can get a working visa, which the company would do on his behalf, but you need to have the job offer first.  This is rare as unemployment is high in Spain.  He would have to have very unique skills not found with a local.