Could you recommend me a suitable summer job?

I am a 20-years old woman from Finland, I study in university in Scotland. I am looking for a job from France for this summer (preferably from area of Bretagne or Normandy). Problem is, I don't speak French. I speak English, Finnish, Swedish and a bit German. Any kind of job would be great!

Google is your friend.

You can also check through the jobs section at the top of this page. Just open the appropriate country forum and click on jobs.

Typically, if you want to work in a country, you need to speak the native language of the population.  That means, speaking French.  Most jobs are customer facing, in some aspect.

I would really advice that you learn as much french as you can before the summer. I have been in france for a few months now and i am finding it very hard to find work because my french is not perfect but also because i have an irish accent and people find it hard to understand me. It might depend on where you go. Maybe a touristy spot won't be so fussy but at least have some french. Duolingo is an app that might help you with your french. Good luck :)

Thanks all for replies! :)

France has a lot of seasonal jobs, but not being able to speak any French at all may be a major problem. The typical kind of seasonal jobs are camp sites, souvenir shops, but souvenir shops usually prefer french speaking staff. I mean why would they want to employ someone who cannot communicate with the customers?

You can check all the campsites in France online. But note that campsites often re-hire the same people from the previous season so you will need a lot of luck. The fact that you do speak some languages might help as the campsites have lots of foreign European tourists, but again not being able to speak French is a problem.

I would also not limit my searching only to the North of France, consider the area south of Bordeaux between Carcachon down to Les Landes et Le Pays Basque. All along that Atlantic Coast is booming in the summer with tourists. Places like Hossegor, Capbreton, Bayonne, Anglet, Biarritz and further south at St. Jean de Luz and Hendaye near the Spanish border. These areas employ a lot of seasonal employees.

Yes I'm aware of the language issue :) I've managed to contact one Irish Pub where from they asked to send my CV, going to meet them on Easter holiday. Also looking for Au Pair and Nanny jobs. One possibility is to work at farm.... I hope all works out :)

Hey Pilvi!

I am an international in Rennes, also looking for a summer job! Would you mind passing along any information you were able to find out about summer work, or working at a bar?

Hey! So what I found out was that there's this web page called Gens De Confiance where's lots of job opportunities posted by people living in France. The page is in French, I'm receiving help from my French boyfriend since I don't speak French :) you need 3 people recommending you but they can be anyone you want, they have to log into that page as well tho (but they don't need recommends since they aren't looking for a job). There's people seeking for someone to speak English with or people needing English speaking nannies :)