Moving to Cabrera

Hello guys,
My wife, two dogs and I are moving to Cabrera in a couple months, how much should we expect to pay for a house in a safe place, two bedrooms and a little garden for our dogs? Thanks a lot!!

Again welcome.  There are some members here from that area and hopefully they can provide you with some answers on actual costs.

However I would suspect your rent in a secure neighborhood for a 2 bedroom house will run in the $1000 a month range.

Bob K

Wow, that much... I will be living in a 2,500 budget...

You should be fine with that salary

Bob K

1,000 dollars?

Hi!  We just bought a house in Cabrera and are in the process of getting to know the areas.  If you haven't talked to Sebastian at DRcoastalproperties.com, I would recommend him...he knows the market and the area...and I think can help you out with finding a good area and maybe a rental. 

What brought you to Cabrera?  We're so jealous that you get to make the move!  We can only spend vacations there...*sigh*

You can find a nice 2 bedroom house here for around $300 a month

Arielah is correct.  3 t0 400 will get you a good house in cabrera. I have friends there , they can assist you also. Tom Duncan is on this site,message him. I live in Sosua & Cabrera would be my second choice.  Welcome to the island.

Guys this is an old thread.

Old but maybe still relevant
Bob K

Maybe. Just pointing out to them as it appears they didnt realize.   :D

the tinker40 wrote:

Arielah is correct.  3 t0 400 will get you a good house in cabrera. I have friends there , they can assist you also. Tom Duncan is on this site,message him. I live in Sosua & Cabrera would be my second choice.  Welcome to the island.

I'm curious why Cabrera is your second choice as well as why you chose Sosua.  Glad this posted was re-activated.  I'm still a couple of years from retiring (unless events fast track that), but interested in what people that have lived there think.

Been to Sosua/Cabarete several times and hope to spend some time in and around Cabrera soon.