USA Green card

I'm American and have been married here in Bucharest for 3 years. I've been living and working here but now we are tired of Romania. Does anyone know if I can apply for my wife's green card in America? I know people will say contact the Embassy here but from my experience with American Embassy's they are totally useless so if anyone knows if we can just apply for it in America let me know. We married here and have been living here,she has a 10 year visa to visit as well,thanks........

Baba668 wrote:

I'm American and have been married here in Bucharest for 3 years. I've been living and working here but now we are tired of Romania. Does anyone know if I can apply for my wife's green card in America? I know people will say contact the Embassy here but from my experience with American Embassy's they are totally useless so if anyone knows if we can just apply for it in America let me know. We married here and have been living here,she has a 10 year visa to visit as well,thanks........

Yes you can.  Look at the USCIS website for more information.  Also, in my experience, the embassy here has always been very helpful and friendly, at least the American Citizen Services department, has been.

For further questions, I'd recommend you post in the USA forum, as this is not a Romania visa matter.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi Baba668,

Your topic has been moved to the USA forum for more interactions. :)

Thanks

Priscilla

You can either apply in Romania or the US, it's very easy if you follow the instructions on the application form, better still get a lawyer if you have the money to spare, it's quite inexpensive .

My husband is British, and it was INFINITELY faster for him to get his green card through the American Embassy in London than if we applied in the US. It took him about a year to get his tangible actual card, as opposed to a SEVEN year wait just for the interview to GET the card!