Moi, danish person. Visa/ workpermit

Dear people :)
Hopefully u guys can help me out here, 'cause this is a bit confusing.

I'm planning to move to Reunion. My plan is to stay in Reunion on a permanent basis. I'm a danish person, holding a Degree in linguistics, currently working as a hotel manager in Denmark.

My question is simple: Do I need a work permit or visa to stay in Reunion ?

Thanks in advance/ Michael :)

CANARYDENMARK wrote:

Dear people :)
Hopefully u guys can help me out here, 'cause this is a bit confusing.

I'm planning to move to Reunion. My plan is to stay in Reunion on a permanent basis. I'm a danish person, holding a Degree in linguistics, currently working as a hotel manager in Denmark.

My question is simple: Do I need a work permit or visa to stay in Reunion ?

Thanks in advance/ Michael :)

Whilst waiting for other members to reply, I would suggest that you do a Google search for immigration requirements and see what information comes up.

Hi
I'll try that. I tried a lot to be honest. Even spoke to the french A... :) in Copenhagen. Just need to know what an expat knows about the topic, 'cause not sure about what I've heard and read. / Michael

As a full member of EU you do not need any visao or work permit.
I do need to register at the lokal police/ (Myndigheter) and they can will point the right direction for you.

Hi

I agree with ErikBerge, as an EU citizen in theory you don't need a work visa or permit, however don't forget that Reunion is not part of the Schengen area and I'm not sure where Denmark stands in relation to the Schengen agreement.

As an aside, do you already speak fluent French? It's not worth looking for work in Reunion if you don't.

Dear Erikberge and Champacs
Thanks for ur replies.
U Erikberge, u a norwegian living in Reunion?
Well, Denmark is a full member of the Schengen agreement.
According to the french Embassey in Denmark, I will have to register at the "Prefecture".
I'm into linguistics. I know french grammar very well. I write and read latin and ancient greek. I speak german fluently. I do need to practice my oral french. For a couple of months I will do just that.
Hopefully I will be ok :)

Given that Denmark is a member of the EU, IMO you shouldn't need to register at the Prefecture but you could always go there when you get here and see what they say.