Visa extension questions

I'm an Australia Citizen and I'm currently in Vietnam with 5 year visa exemption on my passport. I have to leave Vietnam every 90 days or get an visa extension or something like that if I wish to stay longer.

I plan to travel around Vietnam with my friends on the 22nd of December 2015, but the Stamp on the passport says I must get out of the country or get a visa extension by the 26th December 2015.

From 18th December (I'm only free from then on) to the 22 December what is the fastest way to get a Visa Extension?

1. to go Cambodia boarder. if so how do i apply for the Visa for Cambodia? can I apply at the gate? what bus is the best? how much am I looking to payout? How much time am I wasting?
2. Apply through an travel agency, Most agency I asked take about 5 working days
3. Should I apply myself? Can I pay my way to get a VISA extension so I can get it on the spot instead of waiting.

I am open to suggestions. please let me know your thoughts on how I can get my extension.

Thanks in Advanced.

Another questions If i were to travel around Vietnam without my passport because I decided to let a Travel Agency do the visa extension for me, would the Domestic Airports and hotels accept my Vietnamese Driver License as a from of ID.

Thanks again

No need to answer. I found a solution. 
Please close this threat

Hello thecoolchazza,

It would be great if you can share your solution on the forum which may be helpful for other members ;)
Or you prefer that we close the thread?

Thank you,
Naomi. :)

I also have a question of visa extension. For sure, it is not a new one but I cannot find the answer to the question here.
Anyway, if I really want to stay longer in Vietnam, do I always to the visa extension via a travel agency. Or do I have to leave every 6 months, come back and get a new visa stamp?
Is there a better and convenient way for expats, as I want to rent a flat here and dont like to worry constantly about my stay