Excessive moderation/edit by Moderators

I feel that there is an excessive "activism" by moderators in Kazakhstan forum. This forum is quite dry in general as I feel not many expats are around to contribute. And when someone contributes occasionally, moderators feel compelled to edit something just to let us know that "big brothers and their sisters (woman moderators)" are watching. I feel as if we are living under some dictatorial regime!! Maybe moderators need to relax a little bit or really need to grow up! 

I am sure not many disagree with me. Thanks.

Posts only get edited or removed if they broke forum rules in some way.
You have to ask why any edits have been done.

Did the posts concerned include personal contact details, political content,  advertise on the open forums, insult, flame, or defame someone, or contain spam messages of some sort?
Those and dating posts tend to be the most common problems on the forum.

Is the forum 'dry'?
Not really, but its primary intention is to provide information, not be a fun forum.

You are reading Thomas Hardy, not the Beano.

Added - External links are a naughty no no until you've proven yourself.
You'd be amazed how many newer posters sneak advertising for their personal gain or political stuff of whatever colour into links for political interest.

Is the moderation heavy handed?
Only if you break the rules, but you usually get lots of chances to sort out YOUR problems.

Hello Hyderabadgermany

I think Fred said it all. We are here only to help and bring genuine content to readers and protect beginners when they first start out on the forum.

If you have any other issue you wish to discuss about, please Contact Us

As we keep only genuine content about expatriation on the forum, I am presently closing down this thread which has nothing to do with expatration (nothing excessive about that!)

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

-Topic Closed

Closed