My Cedula Green card.

Well,  it's been almost a year since my stuff was ok'd for my
"green card. Not here yet?
Anybody rc'd theirs yet?
Tom.

Green card?????  what you talking about???

Our  temporary Residency card "Cedula" is green & not unlike the US's "green card".

Got it - I've never heard it referred to this way. And honey you should have had it long ago! Time to rattle some cages.

If you have waited a year of anything over 3-4 months it is time for a new lawyer!

Bob K

I have been Darlene, just not the right cages.
Guess I'll use my secret weapon, Catalina's
amiga is one of Danilo's secretaries!
Do you know expats that have got them?

Yes actually I do.   More then one in Costambar and  Puerto Plata.

Good luck Tom ! I hope you get it soon !! The Dominican Manana syndrome is at his highest level in your case !
As for us, we came here with all the required documents, apostilled and all... A list that was given to us by the Dominican Consulate in Chicago.. only to find out once we arrived that the Immigration services in Santo Domingo no longer accepts US state background checks but FBI or Interpol reports only. After goggling the matter, I found out the process takes 3 months to get a FBI background and when submitting the application, I need to send them a money order.. Well, where the hell am I going to find one here on the North Coast ?? no clue !
So, I decided to reciprocate the Manana Syndrom and make them wait and only in January I will study how to solve this problem.
Patricia