Entry and exit visa

Hello guys,

Do all exit & entry visas to ksa expire within 6 months, or they have some that expires within 4 months? are there any new rules regarding the EEV? and if someone left the kingdom & their visa expired is it difficult to get it renewed? and how long would it take to get a new one? (This happened to a friend of mine who is a married here in the kingdom, & went for an extended visit to her family in Jordan without realizing that her visa expired).

Mines good for 6 months from the date you activate it by leaving the country.  Once given one you have 90 days to activate.  I got mine on 14/8/10 and activated it on the 9/9/10 so it should be good until 9/3/11.  Not sure about the rest.  I am sure the others will know. :)

Please ensure that you convert the Islamic date on the visa to Gregorian. The Islamic 6 months is 5 days shorter.
Others have been caught out before and fined.

Very interesting. :unsure

Alisan wrote:

Hello guys,

Do all exit & entry visas to ksa expire within 6 months, or they have some that expires within 4 months? are there any new rules regarding the EEV? and if someone left the kingdom & their visa expired is it difficult to get it renewed? and how long would it take to get a new one? (This happened to a friend of mine who is a married here in the kingdom, & went for an extended visit to her family in Jordan without realizing that her visa expired).

Exit Re-entry visa's can vary it can be any where from starting from 3 months and can be of a maximum 11 months. In order to get a 11 month exit re-entry you have to make a special request probably through your HR.

If it gets expired once you are out of country, its a difficult task. If only a difference of 2,3 days, probably the airline crew will allow extension. otherwise, more than that, you have to provide reasoning to the consulate as to why the delay has occurred with valid proof attached.

CivEngr wrote:

Mines good for 6 months from the date you activate it by leaving the country.  Once given one you have 90 days to activate.  I got mine on 14/8/10 and activated it on the 9/9/10 so it should be good until 9/3/11.  Not sure about the rest.  I am sure the others will know. :)

You need to convert the dates, as the Islamic calendar is shorter, you probably have until the 4/3/11.

I am sure you are right.  Got a 30 or so yr expat co-worker, he is on his game for this stuff.  When I get back in Jan, I'll send my passport in to the company to get a new exit/entry visa.  But first I need them to get me a new iqama.  I still have that slight problem of having lost it earlier.

Thanks everyone for your replies. It sounds really problematic & most probably it's gonna be months before my friend would be allowed back into the country. I just wonder what's the point of all of this?! and do other countries do the same??