New format

Does anyone else dislike it as much as I do.

Very hard to navigate,
Can't tell who the last poster is
Have to scroll down and click multiple times to get to the last page (depends on the length of the thread)
PMs are a mess (they say they are working on this)
Not  nearly as user friendly

I can see less of my time here as it is a lot of effort to get where I want.

Bob K

blue type is hard to see, please make all fonts BOLD & BaaLACK.  Most eare no longer young. Vision changes , please take us into consideration.

Bob, I agree Plus many more issues.

Yes, I agree.  I don't like it either.

Yes Bob I am really frustrated. Every page of Its a Wonderful Life has the first page that i wrote, then it skips to the entries of the later dates. Its confusing. Is there a way to eliminate these and just put it into a blog? This looks like opportunity for sure. Oh, hey I will be around POP the 27 - 30, maybe our paths will cross. Maybe the blog administrator is looking for feedback. Ok, here goes.

NEW FORMAT  :/

Hi everyone,

thanks a lot for your feedback, really appreciated.

We've already fixed a few important issues, we'll keep improving everything (and make adjustments) in the coming days and weeks

Thanks for your support and patience,

Julien

Julien thanks

Bob K

I agree with you Bob.. I don't have much time to log on lately but when I do, it is a hassle.. all what you mentioned plus the screen is SO pale !! why change something that was working great in the first place ?

Planner, got notice of your PM. can't view it. says log in, won't accept my user name or e-mail or my password.  Over 600 posts & I can't get PM's?  what the hell is going on? I need help. How do I rectify this problem?  Please help me. I don't want to lose this site. Thank you. I want to read my PM's.

@gypsy401 you obviously have access to your PMs, that's probably a small bug. Please do not hesitate to explain us the problem here https://www.expat.com/en/contact.html

We'll modify / adjust many things on the forum next week, we had to fix many first urgent issues this week.

Thanks for your support

Julien

Yes, now have PM's.  The type size & color must be changed for we old farts. 12 or 14 point & bold, black color would make it much easier to read. Thank you for your rapid response.  Good luck with the corrections & with the future of the new format.

Ok the light blue color is making me blind.

Still would like to see who the last poster was on each thread.

Not sure this is any  kind of an "improved and better" site.

Bob K

At least i can see the words now without struggling ! Thanks !

same crap about the same crap.   slow, too small type, to much white space, PM problems, blue color,, no logic to reading posts. . I've been asking contacts to e-mail me, faster & can read them without a headache & eye strain..   To say that I'm disgruntled is like saying Mt. Everest is a hill !!!  I don't want to abandon this site, but it appears that I must take a sabbatical from it.  Makes me sad as it used to be a daily treat in my life.  This is not a giant fart from the Tuba, but more like a case of constipation.  The onus is not on the members, but on the creators of this miasmic (sp)swamp!,  Deliver us to dry, stable ground.

I feel you pain

Bob K

its only for young people now. I have problems seeing due to age Ithink  this is just stupid to use these colors. one thing I learned as an engineer was to make it easy to read and understand

how true texas.  How mwny ex-pats are young? Type still needs to be larger, posts closer, not miles of white space between, hard to locate prior posts to reply to or read & the color still sucks.  It ain't fun no more!

Like everything else, with such a major change over to a completely new site (not just a new format), there are going to be many bugs to work out.

For those of us who've been here for any length of time, we all know that the Expat-blog that we had in November, was nothing at all like the Expat-blog that we started out with years ago. There were constant changes and improvements. Rest assured, that despite the many little glitches, that improvement now that we're expat.com will continue to take place.

Julien is well aware of the problems that are presently being experienced by our members. I have also been in constant contact with him regarding the issues surrounding improving things for those of us who have any degree of visual impairment, such as myself, and many of these issues will be resolved in the very near future.

In the meantime, please be patient; I know they're working on things as quickly as possible, but they do have to prioritize what they're working on. You can help in the process by reporting the things that you find problematic directly to [email protected] by e-mail.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Just to say I totally dislike this new format.  Nothing user friendly.
-->  too much clear colors
--> the fonts are too thin and almost invisible.
--> Navigation in a thread is not easy.

I wonder why so much work to change something that was fine. Like the English people say "If it works don't try to fix it".

James thanks for the update.

Improvements cannot happen fast enough :D

Bob K

Just noticed you can now see the name of the last poster and the time it was made....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Bob K

They will happen as quickly as possible Bob, I can assure you. But for some people even INSTANT COFFEE isn't fast enough.

Even though I have significant problems with the new site, due to my visual impairment, I'm willing to wait for improvements to be done because I know that it will be well worth it.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Instant coffee???? This is an oxymoron.  Sort of like Pizza Hut and military intelligence :D

Have a great day and thanks again

Bob K

You too Bob! Hope that the holiday season will be the best ever for you and your entire family.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team