Setting up a small scale business

Hi all,

I would like to require some information regarding setting up a small scale business. Lets say start a CR, rent a shop somewhere in Bahrain. Initially setup a general store (Baqala) and start importing rice and meat to sale at my shop and also distribute it with other major shops and outlets as per their requirement. Also is a general Baqala allowed to do imports like this?

I need to know what kind of business setup it will be like say W.L.L a limited liability company?

What can be ideal place and worst place to open such a shop in Bahrain?

How much investment will be required?

Please feel free to add anything from your side you think is missing.

Thanks in advance to all the helpful Earthlings =)

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You can use the search function on our forum, a lot of information has been discussed here in the very recent past which may help you.

Logical Indian posted this link which is a great place to start your search.  We will be more than happy to answer specific questions if we are able!

http://www.bahrain.com/en/bi/setting-up … k2229IrK1t

Best of luck with your plans

Bahrain is pretty easy to come and open up a business here !
You can open a WLL but am still not sure what kind of business you're eligible to run .

You could call up Ministry Of Industry and Commerce, Kingdom of Bahrain for better answers .

On another way , you could also invest in a company and be eligible for "Self Sponsorship Visas"
I even heard if you invest a good amount of money and you're a resident of Bahrain for 5 years tops , you can be eligible for Bahraini Passport ;)

Hello,

I am afraid that import/export activities are restricted for Bahraini citizens and companies only (see link
Business Activities Allowed Only for Bahraini Citizens and Companies )

At the same page in the 'Other Restrictions' section is also mentioning that:

- Trade and retail: minimum of 51% Bahraini ownership is required. For GCC companies and partners, a Bahraini partner is required

So I am not so certain that you could set up a shop which is having any import/export activities without a local partner.

Best of luck