Tam/Gol Baggage Limit

Hey,

Quick question, I'm 95% I know the answer to this, but I want to hear if anybody else has personal experiences with it. I'll be flying domestically within Brazil with excess baggage soon. It appears the TAM and GOL have the same rule:

"Each passenger may check luggage weighing a maximum of 23 kg/51 lb. An excess fee will be charged whenever the baggage allowance is exceeded according to the flight class. In case of excess, it will be charged 0,5% over Y fare for the traveled segment, for each exceeding kilgram"

From my understanding is that if a flight is 400 real, then any luggage weighing more than 23 kg will cost an extra 2 real a kilo? If so, this is by far the cheapest I've ever seen for fees on excess luggage. This is why I'm having a hard time believing this. One thing I've learned in Brazil is that if it seems easy or convenient, you're misunderstanding the situation.

Has anybody dealt with this and is it really as cheap as I'm thinking?

On the GOL site you can follow the link next to your flight to see the allowance for your particular flight. In my case it was USD5 per kilo exceeding 23kg.