Working as a freelancer in Kazakhstan

Hi,

A lot of expats dream of becoming self-employed: we would like to help you to make that dream come true.

Can foreigners work as self-employed in Kazakhstan? What are the formalities to work as a freelancer?

What are the pros and cons of this status: social security, tax system, etc.?

How is the freelance market in Kazakhstan?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Kenjee

I guess you haven't got an answer yet. I am waiting too. Thanks

You would not be able to work as a freelancer as such, as to work here requires a work permit and you need to get this from an employer; the only way you can work here in a capacity similar to self employed would be to create an actual company here for which you can become a director and get the appropriate visa to stay and work in country as a representative of your own company.

I hope this helps :)

You can not work as a freelancer if you have "tourist visa" or "private visa". I do not have idea about eligibility to work as a freelancer under other visas. If you have a permanent residence holder, you can work as a freelancer and as an employee without any work permits.

Those who are not native English speakers will face challenges to do a good work due to language challenges.  Native English speakers will have little more opportunities due to increasing interests of city dwellers in learning English.