Teaching English in GZ with no Experience.

Hi all!

I am looking to come to GZ with my partner, probably early next year.  I am thinking about maybe teaching English over there as I was told you don't need teaching experience and you don't need to know the language.  Can you enlighten me a little if you have time please?

Just be very careful on who you trust in Guangzhou accepting work. So many shady dealings I've heard or read about from Guangzhou's smaller training centers. Open for a month or so then closed because the owner picked up and ascombed {spelling} with the teachers wages. Many times people tried to rip me off in Shenzhen, one moron I had to call his mother to get my money he owed me. Yeah, punk didn't realize that my exgirlfriend had his mom's phone number. Make contacts long before you get here. If possible get a sign contract like I did before I moved here. In the beginning you'll be an exploited government mule yet it'll pay off in spades once you get the experience to get the really sweet jobs. A lot of expatriots are lousy teachers yet they seem to carve out of living for the simple fact they are native speakers. Also, that being said teaching can be really challenging and not right for anyone. I'm an arrogant extrovert so it's a no brainer for China Shark Mike

there are many foreignrs get this wrong information: to be a teacher in china is very easy as long as u are native english speaker. we do lack of english teachers but not in such big cities like guangzhou.
if u want to work here legally and savely . here is some information:1. Obtaining an employment permit;(your employer will give u related documents)2. Obtaining an employment visa;(take your employment permit go to embrassy u can get a z visa)   3. Obtaining an employment certificate; (jeneral speaking your employer will take care of this for u )4. Obtaining a residence permit(wehn u come to china u need to handle this in the division of exit and entry administration of the guangzhou municipal public bureau)
notice: your employer sould qulified  cause there not all employer are allowed to employ foreigners. u have to make sure your employer can assistant u get a Z visa. for get a z visa you need to sign contract and register in labour and society secrity bureau.
if u cant get a z visa u may still find some job here but in fact this kinds of job are illegal. but if there is no one complain u. u may safe

Can you improve your spelling?:)

Hi pailing,

Just to inform you that this is an old thread (2010).

I invite you to introduce yourself in a new topic on the Guangzhou forum.

Thank you.
Christine