Making a crime report in Spain

The process of making a crime report in Spain (a denuncia)  has changed for reports to National Police but not Guardia Civil.  Previously the victim signed 5 copies of the report and was then given one as confirmation.   

Now there are four  copies and the victim is not given a copy.   If they insist on confirmation that they have made a report, all they get is a ‘certificate' that a report was made.  It will show the crime report number, but not any details.  If say Trafico, DVLC ,  an insurance company etc., either in Spain or another country, require details of what was in the report, they will have to contact the National Police. 

Despite asking the police,  I cannot discover any plausible reason for the change, which will no doubt cause considerable inconvenient for victims and additional work for the police and other entities such as insurance companies.

I do not know what the police response would be if one insisted on taking a photo of the report that they had signed, so that that could be forwarded to one's insurance company etc.

Another un thought out cockeyed idea.  I cant say it is just the Spanish as they are just as bad in Blighty.  Lets hope our locals have missed the memo.

Just caught up with this thread.

After a couple of months the National Police recommenced supplying a copy of the Denuncia, (crime report).