Bus or plane from Quito to Loja- and Quito hotels...

Hello all,
Can you suggest an inexpensive airline to use to fly from Quito to Vila. Also can you recommend a good (comfortable) bus company to use as well.  Lastly, can anyone suggest any cheap (but decent) hotels or hostels (with private rooms) to stay at for a night in Quito-- once I get off the plane. Thank you....

rawfood yogi wrote:

Can you suggest an inexpensive airline to use to fly from Quito to Vilca?

Check for rates and availabilities at cheapoair.com ...

Figure out whether it would be more cost-effective to fly from Quito to Cuenca where cheap ground transportation would be available and you could also start your visa-extension paperwork.

Also, the Vilca airport was out of commission for a while and this year there may be few incoming flights.  It´s even possible that Vilca flights are not listed at Cheapo Air and you may have to hunt around other travel websites if you want to avoid one or two nights in Cuenca.

cccmedia in Quito

rawfood yogi wrote:

can anyone suggest any cheap (but decent) hotels or hostels (with private rooms) to stay at for a night in Quito....

Plan A:  If you're just overnighting for a flight out the next day, you might as well avoid the long trip into town from the new airport.  Stay at Quito Airport Suites or search Quito Mariscal Airport or Checa, Ecuador, at booking.com ...

Plan B:  If you need to do a transfer to a bus and thus have to come into Quito proper, you can stay at Hotel Ambassador on 9 de octubre, which fits your criteria.  It's also a good bet to stay there if you plan to stay for more than a night's sleep and want to visit Mariscal sector.

cccmedia in Quito

Thanks for all of that info. Yes, I'll probably just stay at the airport then instead of going into town-- just to come right back. Actually I found a ticket from quito to loja on "kayak" website (tame air) for $46. I didn't know it was possible to get an air ticket to anywhere for that cheap...:)