Is getting a job there easy?

Hello Thailand Lovers:

I am thinking of moving to Thailand in August. I will get my VISA pretty soon, but I wanted to know what it is to actually live there. Is getting a job there easy? Why, why not, or for whom? How about medical expenses and housing? Please if you can help help me I'd be forever in your debt!

Wendy, it is very difficult to get a job in Thailand, unless you apply for a permit, it's better if you look for a job from a company and let them get the permit for you.  Healthcare is Cheap here if you are healthy, you can pay as you go. If you want to buy health care I would suggest hospital care only, for your age it would be very cheap maybe 600.00 US dollars a year, just to have peace of mind.  The cheapest insurance is Thai Life Insurance, they sell medical, the smart Expats have this insurance.  Be careful there are a lot of insurance companies selling insurance to Expats for a lot more money.  Good Luck to You.  Patrick

The answers to the latest questions would be the same standard ones that keep getting repeated in these threads, so already written on this forum and elsewhere lots of times. 

It's not hard to get a job in Thailand as a native English speaker with formal education training and / or certification in English language instruction; aside from that it is generally difficult.  Per my understanding non-native English speakers with education backgrounds would still have options (eg. teaching math), but applying most other kinds of work is typically not easy.  Of course there are always exceptions (eg. hotel or restaurant work could work out, or something like scuba instruction), but in general teaching English is the easiest path.

A tourist visa is easy to get for a short stay, a work permit and related visa a different issue.  It has to be arranged by an employer.  Housing is difficult to summarize; depends on lots of factors, budget, lifestyle, location, etc. 

Reviewing a lot of existing threads on these types of concerns might be a good start, here and elsewhere on other forums.

Hi Wendy Santacruz Castro,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Just to inform you that a new topic has been created as from your post on the Thailand forum.

Thank you.
All the best,
Christine

Hello Wendy!!! Is not easy to get a good job. The workpermit is very difficult to get, Mi pregunta es...¿por qué escogiste Tailandia para mudarte? . El costo de la vida es muy similar al de México en cuanto a rentas y gastos. Depende mucho de donde escojas vivir, no es lo mismo Chiangmai o Pattaya que Bangkok.
Good Luck! :)

Mayrasel wrote:

Hello Wendy!!! Is not easy to get a good job. The workpermit is very difficult to get, Mi pregunta es...¿por qué escogiste Tailandia para mudarte? . El costo de la vida es muy similar al de México en cuanto a rentas y gastos. Depende mucho de donde escojas vivir, no es lo mismo Chiangmai o Pattaya que Bangkok.
Good Luck! :)

As this is an ENGLISH speaking forum could you please post in English only so that others can understand you post. Thank you.