Moving to beijing

On a very short notice we are relocating to beijing
and would be greatful for advice regarding primery school, nursery, and accomidation, THNAKS!!!

Hi netta111! Concerning the accommodation, you may view our Beijing classifieds (accommodation section). :)

Good luck.
Christine

thanks!

Neta hi,

Apart from suggesting that you use a Destination Service Provider to assist you with your relocation then check this page for schooling options   china-expert.org/International-Schools-and-Education-in-China

When choosing a school also consider commute time for the kids and commute time for hubby/

ie you need to juggle three parameters ..School, Office and Home.

Not sure how useful the classifieds are for housing, strongly suggest you use a reputable Estate Agent and do not try to do it solo...

Forgot to say since the Office location is fixed it's normally a good idea to start using that as the base point and then look for housing and schools that are at a logical commute distance from that point.

Also need to think about which education system you prefer IB, UK, US, Montessori or misrad hahinuch.

Hey Thanks! On the other hand, i was told that i am expected to negotiate the rent prices? How does it work (and without any command of the languish..)

Neta hi, that's why I suggested using a reputable Estate Agent.

The good news is that you do not have to pay the Estate Agent (assuming that you are not looking at the bottom of the range housing).

They are paid the equivalent of one month's rent by the LL.

Therefore there is room for a conflict of interests and some of the less reputable Estate Agents have no interest to help you negotiate the price down.

thanks, is there an obvious way to determine between the two?

Neta, why not ask the Destination Service Provider (DSP) / Relocation Company that is handling your move which ones they recommend?

If you don't have a DSP then check soft-landing section of the IsCham site. Or if you prefer pm me.