Moving to Singapore

Hi!

I am from Pakistan, and am looking at opportunities to move to Singapore. I was wondering if anyone could help me with certain things that can make this move possible:
1. What field of work should I be looking at (where they hire foreigners the most)
2. What are some useful recruiting agencies I can search online.
3. Should the CV be a particular style? If so, are there websites that I can see CV's and what type are accepted in Singapore.

I currently have over 3 years experience in Public Relations/Communication field.

Would really appreciate some help :)

Thanks!

lookingtomove123 wrote:

1. What field of work should I be looking at (where they hire foreigners the most)

You should be looking in the field where you have a recognised (by Singapore's Ministry of Manpower) university degree and at least three years applicable work experience - without that you won't be able to get a work visa (Employment Pass).

lookingtomove123 wrote:

2. What are some useful recruiting agencies I can search online.

Recruitment agencies are of very limited help in Singapore. But they are not allowed, by law, to charge the job searcher any fee. Since it's free of charge, you may send your CV to a few of them, but don't put much hope into this.
Two popular job search websites (where employers post openings directly) are Jobstreet and Jobsdb.

lookingtomove123 wrote:

3. Should the CV be a particular style? If so, are there websites that I can see CV's and what type are accepted in Singapore.

Singapore employers are pretty flexible about style and form, but since most bigger companies are MNCs, to be on the safe side it is better to send in the style common in the company's home country.