Want to buy 2nd hand cheap car

hello!

ive been browsing for almost a week, searching for 2nd hand cars likely to be concept car but not the kind of car that was driven on a sci-fi movies. i need something like Mr. Bean car if you happen to know him. lol

well does anyone know if there is a car garage sale in dammam, i want small car only because ill just be using it to drive from home to work which is 4.1km only and to market which is about 3-4km. i think that car suits me. its funny though because im a 200 lbs guy and 6 feet high but im just being into reality as an expat.

You may visit the Dammam car exhibition on Friday afternoon. It is on way to airport.

live.ali wrote:

You may visit the Dammam car exhibition on Friday afternoon. It is on way to airport.

is there an exact time of opening? and i will be commuting, what should i tell to the cab driver?

cc: thanks for the reply @live.ali

Brother Champ,

I am a classic car lover my self, these cars look very lovely in the movies but Saudi Arabia is not the place to spend your hard earned savings on this hobby, there is no harm in attending the Friday exhibition in Dammam for the sake of enthusiasm but do not take it further than that.

The car Mr. Bean drives is a pre 1969 Mini Austin made by British Leyland and any thing like that will be suicidal to try on Saudi roads.

You are a young couple and I am sure your priority will be to make property in your home country or to move on to other countries later.

My advise is to buy a good used practical Japanese car for your daily commute,,

riazcdki wrote:

Brother Champ,

I am a classic car lover my self, these cars look very lovely in the movies but Saudi Arabia is not the place to spend your hard earned savings in this hobby, there is no harm in attending the Friday exhibition in Dammam for the sake of enthusiasm but do not take it further than that.

The car Mr. Bean drives is a pre 1969 Mini Austin made by British Leyland and any thing like that will be suicidal to try on Saudi roads.

You are a young couple and I am sure your priority will be to make property in your home country or to move on to other countries later.

My advise is to buy a good used practical Japanese car for your daily commute,,

@riazcdki :) im not actually going to buy that kind of car. but soon i will when good enough to establish myself and my family, whichever part of the world. likely to say i will buy dodge challenger.

back to topic, i used to saw those delivery cars of Dominos pizza and Herfy fastfood chain. its like 2 seat car and the back is for carriage. ill just be needing those small engined car for a daily travel to work. and it happen that i dont know where to buy cheap cars.

cc: i appreciate your insight brother riazcdki

champychamp wrote:
live.ali wrote:

is there an exact time of opening? and i will be commuting, what should i tell to the cab driver?

Best time to go there is after 4. Ask the cab driver to take you to "Dammam heraj" for cars.

live.ali wrote:
champychamp wrote:
live.ali wrote:

Best time to go there is after 4. Ask the cab driver to take you to "Dammam heraj" for cars.

there is only one heraj here in dammam, right? i think i had been there and i saw cabinets, sala sets, ref, aircon,etc.

One of my Syrian employees in Riyadh is moving to Sweden, and selling his little Beemer.  It's old, and not too pretty, but I'm sure he'll part with it for super cheap.

If interested, PM me and I'll let him know.

GreatLaker wrote:

One of my Syrian employees in Riyadh is moving to Sweden, and selling his little Beemer.  It's old, and not too pretty, but I'm sure he'll part with it for super cheap.

If interested, PM me and I'll let him know.

that is quite a long way from dammam. thanks for the info. i think its not approriate for me to use that kind of car. as i said its only work and home. if my wife just allow me to buy a bike, i would definitely do it. driving motorcycle in KSA is a 99% risk of your life, she said. lol

You're wife is right.  That's a good indication she loves you!

I've had motorcycles for 3 decades, yet I refuse to ride one in KSA.  Too many unskilled, reckless, and inconsiderate drivers.

GreatLaker wrote:

You're wife is right.  That's a good indication she loves you!

I've had motorcycles for 3 decades, yet I refuse to ride one in KSA.  Too many unskilled, reckless, and inconsiderate drivers.

even do i, im riding motorcycle before we met.
me too, i wont ride in here. too dangerous. but i love those big bikes in here.

Check this site out;
- expatriates.com/classifieds/dmm/vehicles/