Extending visa without border run?

My nine months will be up soon and I'm wondering if there's a way to extend it without a border run? I've seen people mention it can be done in Da Nang and was curious if anybody had details? A border run isn't going to be possible for me because my baby does not have his passport yet! :(

First visa + 2 extensions  :)  That's the normal rule. Everything is possible if they receive "something"  :)

charmavietnam wrote:

First visa + 2 extensions  :)  That's the normal rule. Everything is possible if they receive "something"  :)

Yes, the two extensions are up. I definitely have money to throw around to get it done, I just need to know who to throw the money at.  :unsure

Can your husband or inlaws care for your baby for 24 hours so you can do a border run?

Yeah, that's bit difficult but can find out if you search in Pham Ngu Lao/Bui Vien/De Tham area if you are here in HCMC. I don't know who but I am sure there are some agents who has a very good connection (say backdoor connection) with the immigration guys.

milkybunnyHCM wrote:

Yes, the two extensions are up. I definitely have money to throw around to get it done, I just need to know who to throw the money at.  :unsure

Hi MilkybunnyHCM, you can contact Ms. Oanh 090- 381- 8208/ Quang Thinh travel agent. She has handled the visa extension for my former boss. Hope she can help you. Good luck!

OBB wrote:

Can your husband or inlaws care for your baby for 24 hours so you can do a border run?

Not unless one of them starts lactating! lol My in-laws live in US, just my husband and me. So it's really not possible. :(

NgaDuong wrote:

Hi MilkybunnyHCM, you can contact Ms. Oanh 090- 381- 8208/ Quang Thinh travel agent. She has handled the visa extension for my former boss. Hope she can help you. Good luck!

I will call, thanks. :)

milkybunnyHCM wrote:
OBB wrote:

Not unless one of them starts lactating! lol My in-laws live in US, just my husband and me. So it's really not possible. :(

Sorry i didnt know how old you child was.  I hope the new contact works out for you.   If it doesnt my suggestion would be for you & your family to rent a room next to the border for a day.   You can cross by yourself, get the visa stamped  and return within a couple of hours.

OBB wrote:
milkybunnyHCM wrote:
OBB wrote:

Sorry i didnt know how old you child was.  I hope the new contact works out for you.   If it doesnt my suggestion would be for you & your family to rent a room next to the border for a day.   You can cross by yourself, get the visa stamped  and return within a couple of hours.

Sorry I never updated, I got the issue resolved. Found someone here in Sai Gon to do it! Thanks for the replies. :)

milkybunnyHCM wrote:
OBB wrote:
milkybunnyHCM wrote:

Sorry I never updated, I got the issue resolved. Found someone here in Sai Gon to do it! Thanks for the replies. :)

So you managed to get another 90 days, ( totaling 12 mths  ), without having to leave?

bluenz wrote:
milkybunnyHCM wrote:
OBB wrote:

So you managed to get another 90 days, ( totaling 12 mths  ), without having to leave?

Yes! But I'm going back to US soon, so hopefully won't need to go this route again.

milkybunnyHCM wrote:
bluenz wrote:
milkybunnyHCM wrote:

Yes! But I'm going back to US soon, so hopefully won't need to go this route again.

Was hoping for an explanation, i,e, do you need a newly born baby to entitle you to the extra 90 days, could be a helpful tip for any other Foreigners who needs another 90 days, LOL

bluenz wrote:

Was hoping for an explanation, i,e, do you need a newly born baby to entitle you to the extra 90 days, could be a helpful tip for any other Foreigners who needs another 90 days, LOL

Oh sorry! lol I don't think there was really a special route or I would explain. We just asked some friends if they knew any travel agencies that could get that done for me. I thought getting it done would be a big deal but they said it really isn't for some coffee money. For 1.5mil they did it no problem for 90 days. :) If it helps, I was only looking for 30 days but they said no one would go through the trouble for just a month. So if you're looking for 90+ days here, they'll do it for a price.