Need advices for part of my contract

Hello Friends ,
I got following clause in my contract : "....on successful completition of Probation period  Contract will be for 2 years .This contract may be terminated at any time by each of 2 parties by giving a written notice of 2 months " .
Is this normal clause according to Bahrain labour Law ? For me that sounds like they can kick me away with 2 months notification .Normally after you finish your probation period successfully ,you got the contract for mentioned 2 years  and if the employer wants to dismiss you earlier he have to pay you some compensation . Isn't it ?
Thank you in advance !

This is indeed normal for contracts here. Even if the contract is for 2 years, there is a possibility for early exit for either party, and in your case this early exit has been set at 2 months notice.

If you like some sort of protection, you can add some compensation for early termination by the employer, but remember this is a double edged sword. If you add compensation for early termination by employer, then the employer can add a compensation for early termination by you (if for some reason you don't like the job). So think about it very carefully.

Best wishes.

Speak to the company HR to clarify but the way I read it it is saying that you can leave with 2 months notice AFTER the 2 years and same for them. You can give notice on your 22nd month into your contract time.

This part of the contract is usually to protect the employer as some staff will leave after 6 months when they have paid a lot of money getting that employee in the first place.

Also if you wish to leave early - you will need permission from your company and they may ask you to repay things like flights, insurance, car etc.

On a side note - remember it is illegal for ANY company to hold your passport so make sure you keep hold of it

It is normal. The notice period varies anything between 1 to 6 months. Mine was 3, I have lots of friends with 1 month and some with 6 months.

I wouldn't want to go down with the compensation route for the reason Farhaz mentioned above

Many thanks ,for everybody for the answers.
I have clause for leaving indemnity according to Bahreini  Labour Law . I believe this keep the things under control ....

The leaving indemnity applies to expat employees in Bahrain and is in lieu of a pension plan. The computation is based on your salary and number of completed years served. The calculation is as follows:

For the first 3 years of service - half a month's salary.
From 4th year onwards - one month salary.

If you work for 3 years, your leaving indemnity is 1.5 months salary.
If you work for 4 years, it is 2.5 months salary, and so on ...

Payment is made at the time of leaving the company.

I also read it as 2 months notice within the 2 years.  It says contract may be terminated at ANY time with 2 months notice - it does not say any time after the 2 years.

Get HR to clarify.  I would say this is normal isn't it?

This is perfectly normal and is in vogue everywhere even here in India. This is to protect not only the employee but also the employer. In India it is 2 months notice or 2 months salary. This 2 months notice is well within the contract period of 2 years and not after completion. Let me give you example
1. You are working all day sincerely--> employer takes more work/ troubles you often/less or delayed salary etc--> you are not happy with the employer--> apply for another job within few months of joining--> Now if new employer asks you to join immediately offering you handsome salary you can pay 2 months salary to the present employer and quit immediately.  If the new employer has a good fame and salary is almost equal to the present one, you can give 2 months notice to the present employer and join the new employer after taking relieving order from the present employer. This is completely legal
2. In case you are not working upto the employer's expectation/you are causing more damage to the company/ your work is causing harm to the employer's reputation--> He will give you exit pass either paying you 2 months salary in advance or giving you 2 months notice.
As per my experience the second situation is very very rare and applies to only few black sheep in any company.

If you leave after 2 years but less than 3 are you entitled to your indemnity??

Mtpk wrote:

If you leave after 2 years but less than 3 are you entitled to your indemnity??

You are entitled to the indemnity payment if you complete one year of service, I believe. Let me check and reconfirm.

Did u get visa for the said job..I think its jaaabh job.