New Visa Law

You could apply if your marriage is recorded in NSO but that takes a while ,it goes to Manila ,you use to be able to pay for a copy sooner but I don't know I sent for mine twice not there went to where I got my license they had not sent it to Manila that was nine months after my marriage, so had it sent digital

Do not buy from Philippines airlines then. The requirement is an on going ticket whoever issues it. As an aside I recently returned from Kuala via their national airline they didn't ask for a return ticket only my Icard. lol I t just depends on the day, the person the weather etc.

If your on permanent visa you don't need a onward ticket when you return to the Philippines, I use PAl after I got permanent visa , they have the lowest price to and from the Philippines and the miles come In handy, my last flight free, if you watch you can get a flight to the Philippines for around $400 from USA even less sometimes the last flight from Cebu to LAX we had about 350 empty seats you could get one for $250 if you were there

How much is 13000 paseos in dollars?  so that would mean I could stay fir 6 month's

IN THE PHILIPPINES HAVING A MARRIAGE ACR CARD YOU ARE TREATED UNFAIRLY AND NO DIFFERENT THAN A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN..A Philippines citizen Overseas Foreign Worker going abroad needs an ECC for a cost of less than 500 pesos...It is real BULLSHIT if a foreigner who invests his money in the country, takes care of a his Filipina wife and family, is charged such outrageous sums...IT'S LIKE YOU ARE BEING PUNISHED FOR JUST BEING MARRIED TO ONE OF THEIR PEOPLE...If you plan to do NO travel abroad than the ACR card would be the way to go, otherwise visitor visa extensions is best...

My last 6 month extension was about 7000

Have all your documents with you and make sure non are expired.  You'll also need to pay an exit tax of 1000 peso to leave.  That was the cost last time I left.

leearayat wrote:

hi i am a graduate of computer engineering and currently working in a manufacturing company, will i be able to get a job even if my visa is for tourist only? how to send my application? pls. hellp.

thank you!

No you'll need a work permit unless you are paid by a sponsor outside of the Phils.

From what I hear there are no more 6 month visa extension

13,000 is shy of $250.00 at today's 53 to 1 exchange rates

If you have stayed 6 months or more in the philippines you will have to obtain and exit clearance even if you have an acr card

I am on a tourist visa and I still get 6 months visas up to the 2.5 year total allowed for one stay in the Philippines

I am on a tourist visa  so need onward. Was married but got divorced before getting permanent visa

Hi, I am Tony and I plan to come there permanently (on Visitors visa) at the end of this year to live with my Filipino G/F... I am 72 now (Photo is a few years old so need to update ha ha ha) I have just returned to the UK from a couple of weeks in Cavite and need to sort things out here at home before I make the move...... I will be living on rent from my home plus a pension so would appreciate any info on transferring cash etc... I use a FairFX card at the moment wherever I go... Hope to hear from some of the people already there as any info would be really appreciated.... Thank you.

I use Worldremit excellent service cheap and the money usually takes a fe minutes to arrive. I live a lot further out so cannot say about life there but  I do not foresee any problems

I am a British national on a Tourist visa for several years. (not married but that may come later) What visa should I apply for for a permanent visa?

just check on the website immigration bureau, but i think you cannot get a  residence visa unless 10 years here but things change.

Rubbish. Peso is Queen. Foreign income, which you have neither to report or pay income tax is King. Perhaps that's not so in places such as Vietnam or elsewhere in the Far East.

Yes, that they screw ACR-I card holders at airports for PHP2800+ rather than the PHP550 for citizens is shocking, but understandable. What isn't is, for example, the PHP750 they screw a foreigner for tourist tax for departure from Cebu!

All good fun, really. If you're going to live in a country, accept its culture. Over 41 years I've lived away from my country of birth, Great Britain, in Hong Kong, the United States, Singapore, South Korea and Australia so know. The Philippines is welcoming, and costs relatively little: try Seoul, where you'll find the rudest people I have ever encountered.

You'll need a 13(A) visa, but you'll have to be married first!

Yes you will need an exit clearance certificate if you've been in the Philippines for more than 6 months.