Performing Umrah on a family visit visa

Assalam o Alikum

I have a few questions about traveling to Saudi.
I will be landing in riyadh visiting on a family visit visa. Could I perform an umrah without any issues? Will I be questioned about landing I riyadh then coming to do an umrah? Has anyone ever done this before that could share there story please?

madiha90 wrote:

Assalam o Alikum

I have a few questions about traveling to Saudi.
I will be landing in riyadh visiting on a family visit visa. Could I perform an umrah without any issues? Will I be questioned about landing I riyadh then coming to do an umrah? Has anyone ever done this before that could share there story please?

As long as your visa is valid then you will not have any issues in going to perform Umrah from Riyadh.

@HRGURU,

SO visit visa holder can perform Umrah, I suppose they can't perform by law but normally people go for it.

Zeesham wrote:

@HRGURU,

SO visit visa holder can perform Umrah, I suppose they can't perform by law but normally people go for it.

There is no law stopping people on visit visa not allowed to do umrah, the only issue here is the validity of the visa. If you have a valid visa then you can travel any where in KSA and even perform Umrah if you are a muslim. There is nothing stopping you from this.

But it is mention on the site that filling the application form online that visitors are not allowed for umrah and hajj , and yes it is true that they are not catching anyone for going on Umrah.

madiha90 wrote:

Assalam o Alikum

Firstly.. you will be arriving to Riyadh on visit to your family.. (No issues)
Secondly.. you will then go to Umrah at any other time after arrival .. (No issues)..

Explanation : A visit visa person can arrive any where in the country provided he is not in the state of "IHRAM".. he will not be stopped at any ports.. But if you are in the State of "IHRAM" and arrive on a visit visa, then it is a problem..

Which is why when on UMRAH visa, the person has intention of performing UMRAH and wears an IHRAM from the point of departure and entry into JEDDAH.. He does not wear an IHRAM if he is arriving into Medinah.

you can go to UMRAH for any number of times once you are in the kingdom.. until the validity of your visa..

Umrah Makbool..  :cheers:

Means you have to be careful if doing so,

If you are going from Riyadh, i am not sure if there is any check point after mekaat. Be safe,

In low seasons like before Ramadan, at most no one cares if you drive your own car, there is a very small chance to stop you, for me no one stopped me all the way.

Agree, You can drive with peace all along but after MEKAT need to care a bit.

No body will stop and send you back from any check point even if you are wearing Ahram, dont worry at all

The after Miqat is working only on Hajj time, this what I know, even before Miqat on main road no body can differentiate if you are going to Mecca or Jeddah, all western cities have the same road

I am working in Riyadh. My parents just visited in December and my mother is still here. I took by road to Makkah for umrah. No one stopped. If you are on visit visa, you can also visit between Riyadh and Jeddah by air. It is ok. In this season they don't even check cars with families.

Even if they check, there is very very remote chance they would object to why you are traveling.

Yes you can perform Umrah, as long as you have visit visa no issues you can travel any city of KSA

there are many illegal Pakistani and Indian guys there and not forgetting the Kenyans.  How do they survive?

there's a saying in urdu  "jisa allah rakhe use kon chakhe"  rather i would say it as
"jise allah rakhe use kon 'chek kare'  "

Cost for omra

If you are travelling alone by Umrah bus from Riyadh to Makkah and back to Riyadh, on weekend package (not peak season), you can pay around SR. 100-130 depending on umrah organizing company. It will include your both sides of transport and shared accommodation.

If you want to add Madinah, it is almost same price, may be 10-20 more. But I will not recommend add both Makkah and Madinah on same weekend trip. It will be real hectic as you will be travelling almost all the time.

Assallamualaikum,

I have courioisity on traveling alone to mekka and medina under family visit visa. I have a sister in Riyard and planning of visiting her. I was thinking of going to medina if I am not allow to do umrah if i am single.

After reading some comments in here, I see the possibily of perform umrah, However, would that be safe for me to perform umrah under such visa, alone without a mahram.

I am a single female under the age of 45.

Please copy paste the link give bellow  you will find your answer .

must have to perform Umrah.

www.jamiabinoria.net/efatawa/2013-4/16329.html

I will be arriving in Riyadh in a couple of weeks. I have a work visit visa for 1 year. My employer wants me to have a Iqama. I believe this is a residence work visa. What is the difference. What restrictions on a work visit visa. Is it possible to change this from Riyadh.