What is a reasonable Big 4 salary in Saudi Arabia?

Hi all,

I currently work at a Big 4 firm in Canada (Vancouver area). I have approximately three years of experience as an Auditor. I have passed all CA exams.  I am currently making 17,200 SAR/month in Canada.

I have been offered a job in Saudi with another Big 4 firm and they are offering me 16,000 SAR/month (including basic and all other allowances). As it stands right now, they are offering me a lower salary than the Canadian firm.

How much negotiating power do I have? Is this salary reasonable?

Thanks much in advance.

If it is 16,000 + provided housing, preferably on a compound, then that's very good.

As for the salary being lower than in Canada, note that living expenses here are much lower, including rents, petrol, food, etc.  And there are no taxes, which is the best thing.  So you can save a lot more here, even if the numerical value is the same or a bit less.

But housing (or an adequate allowance, preferably enough for a compound) they should provide, on top of the salary.

What's the best way to negotiate with them?

Trapezius wrote:

If it is 16,000 + provided housing, preferably on a compound, then that's very good.

As for the salary being lower than in Canada, note that living expenses here are much lower, including rents, petrol, food, etc.  And there are no taxes, which is the best thing.  So you can save a lot more here, even if the numerical value is the same or a bit less.

But housing (or an adequate allowance, preferably enough for a compound) they should provide, on top of the salary.

For me approximately, Normal apartment rental in average 2000 SAR if single, 3000 SAR if you have family, expenses either family or single in average of 3000 SAR (if single you will pay more for restaurants and coffee shops), fuel Octan 91 is 1.75 SAR per Galon (Galon = 3.785 Liter), Tax free

These rates per month.