Moving to Beijing

I'm from Malaysia. Moving to Beijing in 2-3 months time as I just got my job offer. I wish to build some network and looking for friends with English speaking background. At the same time, I need advice on renting a place in Beijing. :)

Hey, :)

I am from Sydney, going to Beijing to start a business soon. I would love to meet you.

Keep in touch Jessica! Hope to see you soon :)

Happy to give advice on BJ apts if you need to - I lived there for a few years and plenty of people I know still there. Just PM me...

Welcome to Beijing.
Welcome to meet people nearly every Tuesday at networking events organised by yours truly.

Events at modestly priced, include a complimentary drink, Happy Hour conditions for additional drinks and are a nice melting pot of English speaking Chinese, Old China Hands and new expatriate assignees.

I am always happy to help, so please feel free to contact me re  your relocation to Beijing.

[moderated]

guys, please remember that advertisment is not allowed on the forum, thanks !

Hi.

Im Aldrin from the Philippines. Will be moving to Beijing on July 1 2010. Hope i can be friends to english speaking person, Ann hope somebody will also help me in my transition in Beijing.

I was here for 1 week ( june 6 until june 12) and i was kinda culture shock when i  stayed in Beijing.

Hope to meet all of you soon.

My personal email is [email protected].

please feel free to email me anytime.

sincerely,

Aldrin

Hey,

I will be arriving in beijing june 24...and to get a kick start in socializing I'd like to meet new people. Maybe the first weekend for a couple of beers.

Thanks

Arjan

Hey,

I just moved here from the US and I am originally from Hong Kong. Please feel free to write to me if anyone want to hang out. Thanks!

This website has a classified section which includes event listings.  Some of the events provide a great way to meet new people in a specific industry and some are specifically designed to mix new expatriate assignees, long-term China residents and Chinese nationals.

For some it is a useful step on their career ladder, for others a place for business leads and opportunities and for some a place to find a helping hand whilst adjusting to life in China.

I think it will be good to set up some kind of chat group (e.g. msn group) so people interested to meet can chat. Any one interested, or is such group already exist? Thx

Hi, I have just created a group for that purposes.  PM me your MSN and I will add you to the group.  I have called it Expats in Beijing.

Since I only created it today it a few minutes has no members.  But I thought your idea was good so lets see how many others join us.

Of course if this site had a chat function then this MSN group would be superfluous.

Hey man I'm from Australia and I got to say it's like a must to go to Thailand and Malaysia before here so the heat will feel not bad, after Malaysia heat ,nothing is too hot anymore haha.
I live in Beijing its awesome, sick of people staring though and when u go to markets to barter the Chinese aren't as groovy as the Malaysian are when u barter the Chinese get hell crazy at u sometimes.
Everyone stares at u, which is annoying considering Beijing's like tourist central, it is not as if they have never seen one before. Trains are packed like crazy and u have to swipe a bankcard to get into an atm bank area.
Everyone carries umbrellas around they want to be white.
anyways here's my email, I have no groovy friends and all my friends are at my hostel and they all leave so I want to meet people who won't be awesome but won't leave to go off and travel hah
[email protected]

Hi Manlin

I'm coming to Beijing in August to teach and live in Haidian.  Could you please add me to the MSN group?  Cheers!

Charles (UK)

Charled hi, will do but please pm me your msn name

Hi all,

I'm Singaporean and just moved to Beijing from Hong Kong.
Looking for apartments and meeting friends.

Would be great if you have recommendations for either...

Thanks.

Cheers,
Ben

Ben hi,

Friends easy - lots of friendly people on this site and check out the classifieds sections for events.

Apartments - depends on budget, number of rooms and area.