Buying a house in Piemonte

Hi, if anyone has bought an apartment/house in the region I'd be very interested to hear their experiences.

Hi there!
I am also buying a property and know how frustrating it is!! We are looking for something in the city centre, how about you? How are you getting on with the search?

Hi, we are also looking around Torino!  Something in the San salvario area.  What a slow process, too much talking and not enough results!

I just got back from Italy looking at properties to buy, it was an interesting experience.
The first thing to say is don`t believe what you read on a website or advert, they show nice fitted wardrobes in the bedroom and a fully fitted kitchen, the advert says the property is refurbished and the kitchen is livable, when you go to view it the fitted kitchen is gone and the room is empty, all you see are the pipes sticking out of the wall, and the bedroom is empty, they still expect the advertised price !!!
Even though there is a garage with the property they will have sold it to someone else so you don`t get it, I also found there is no guarantee of secure parking, I was told by several owners that they park in the courtyard but it was unofficial so they could be told to move out at anytime.
In some converted buildings you have a balcony but must allow your neighbours to ues it to access their properties.
All very different to the UK, buyer beware.:rolleyes:
Regards,
Bruce.

Following on from my previous post, I have managed to buy a property.
I found one on the internet last Friday, its in the same village as all my relatives, they all went to see it and gave it the ok, I went over on Tuesday to have a look, made an offer which was accepted so I did the paperwork and paid the deposit,I came back on Wednesday to sort out the sale of my property here, I have a buyer.
This time the building was empty, no kitchen, even the light fittings were removed but the price reflected this so I am quite happy, Italy here I come.
Having some building, construction, electrical experts within my extended family made all the difference, it may not be easy to make a deal so quickly if you don`t have help.
Regards,
Bruce :)

i bought an apartment here....was very easy....what about you now

ellawndy wrote:

i bought an apartment here....was very easy....what about you now

I specifically wanted a ground floor apartment with a garage, this is what I managed to buy, they are not easy to find.
The conveyancing proceedure selling my property here in the UK is a bit slow, but I do hope to be on my way to Pianezza, Turin before Christmas.
Regards,
Bruce.:)