Any worst housing experience in Ghana???

Hello Ambassadors!
Any housing experience in Ghana??

Yes, the house we rented as part of a volunteer programme had a few issues, you could say.

One week all the pipes from the toilets to the septic suddenly broke at the same time leaving me with 13 volunteers and no toilets. You can imagine. I had to go to Accra and leave them toilet-less for a couple of days as I had to meet new volunteers. Meanwhile, I had to find someone to pump out the septic in the middle of the rainy season. The garden was so bogged that a truck couldn't come in the yard or it would sink. Finally a contact managed to find some friends who actually cleaned it out for us as it had also overflowed and "refuse" was spreading around the wet garden. So overflowing septic and busted pipes. Was not my favourite week in Ghana.

You have to foot the bill for all of this yourself, by the way. Landlords do not cover expenses relating to repairing houses that you rent. I'm fairly uptight about checking plumbing these days. Now, our shower head flies out of the wall every now and then when the pressure is too high and hits me on the head. I've taken to reaching up and holding onto it when I turn the tap on to hold it in, just in case.

My little brother in law visited on school holidays recently and turned the tap off too tightly and broke it right off. Water went flooding into our main hall way. We had to stick a tree branch in it to stop the flow. Then it started leaking out one of the connecting pipes, unbeknown to us, and leaked throughout the hallway again overnight. Now, we're finding it hard to find a plumber and the tree branch is sprouting shoots in our bathroom sink.

Fun and games! Never dull. Welcome to Ghana!

All about life in Ghana
gisforghana.blogspot.com

Please don't get me  started here. All i  will say  is  the  excuses are  plenty from the  dstv  man to plumber to cleaner