Dish TV

Ok, just got offline with Dish. Well they told me that I would have to order their service here in the USA and then get their programming in the D.R. thru camputer or smart phone.What the heck. Are they kidding me. Anyone here with Dish have the service i just explained. Or did you order it there? is there a Dish service network in the D.R. Thanks Mark

We have DISH network. What part of the country are you in??

Bob K

hi bob hey still in the damm usa. i'm in nevada still.i was hoping for some decent tv there,since i don't speak a word of spanish.hey your on the north coast huh?i read the online Sousa News every day.Well there is actually a Dish provider in the North coast area. Wonder if he installs too.Well hey let me know oki. Thanks. Mark

Yes there is someone who will install the Dish system here in sosua. You have to have a US charge card and they set it up. There is about a  $15 premium you pay on top of the regular bill.
We have perfect Dish reception.

Bob K

Thank you Bob. Ha, I tried setting up Dish when i Lived in California. What a nightmare.And ok, i have to admit this, I'm not a handy guy.Long as i can get tv i'm good as golden.After who can live without the History Channel,and Discovery and the Military channel? not to many.Thanks again. At least now i know.Beside's i read that cable isn't that good there.Mark

Cable is not bad just not as good as dish.
Funny I am waiting for the guy to come by and pick up my receiver as the house was hit by lightening last week and blew the receiver.

Bob K

Can you find out Bob if he knows anyone in SD who can service Dish clients here?  Thanks.

I will ask him when I see him tomorrow.

Bob K

Hey folks, I finally made it here to Santo Domingo. Still havnt got my household goods and auto shipment yet, but it will get here, I hope!IŽm looking for tv / internet access! Is there a better company then Claro in SD...........My problem with Claro is they want to sign me up to a 18 month contract! Im moving to Samana in about 6 months and would prefer a different company.

We have internet and TV via satellite dishes.

The US provider for the internet is very reliable. The speeds are nothing to write home about, but are perfectly sufficient for what we use the internet for. I pay 60$/month, better (faster) plans are available.

About 350 TV channels can be received with a 6-foot dish aligned to the satellites 110, 118 and 119 and an FTA receiver. The system needs a reliable internet connection to function... ;)

I can help. :cool:

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/310/bothdishes2.jpg
The smaller dish (1.2m is for internet; the large TV dish (1.8m) is a ChannelMaster dish.

m'frog

In Santo Domingo I suggest Tricom, I've been very happy with their services the past 4 years. And they offer the main American stations if that is important to you. Want more info, message me.

Sounds like just what I want.......could you please provide the business address.....IŽll check it out!Do they provide internet also

Yes Tricom has internet too. They are on Lopez de Vega just south of Kennedy on the east side of the street.

Just what I need mountianman for when I relocate to Samana!

Thanks for the info planner,IŽll check them out tomorrow!

who installs satellite dishes in Sosua?
Anil

Contact Dolfey at Sosua Satellite
[email protected]

Bob k

In Sosua DR.

See above.
Contact Dolfey
His office is in Sosua

Bob K

good to hear we can get a dish in DR.. only U-verse and Dish network provides TV 5  for all French speaking  expats.. and I just can't live without it !

Hello Bob,

I've been hired as a gen mngr for a sports bar and restaurant in Los Corales.  The restaurant was a different style and is escrow presently.  The Canadian owner intends to target a North American clientele so ideally will want best coverage of English speaking NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, ESPN and the like.  A heavy sports package from US region Dish Network would certainly get it done.

Is your service US, English version of Dish's service?  HD or analog?  No weird aiming issues like right along the horizon or something?

Thanks so much for the help.

Karl

Our Dish is US based out of Miami (some of the major stations also are transmitted from Puerto Rico).  Lots of HD available.

Bob K

Thanks Bob.  Much appreciated.

Karl

You are welcome and good luck

Bob K

Hi everybody
From Montreal , Habs fan ,newly established in cabarete
I was wondering how to suscribe to any canadian sport channels to watch hockey games
Thanks for your help

Don't know of any specific Canadian sports packages but you might ask some of the owners of the sports bars in Cabarete if they have a special package. I bet they get the general NHL package and pick the Canadian games to show

BObK

thks Bob
I guess your right will try it

Hi, I am moving to Cabrera, Dominican Republic in late November and I was wanting to know if I can get Dish TV and Internet there,does anyone know if it is offered there and about how much it will cost per month for all USA channels?.

Answered in your other post. But yes you can and after install price (about $3,000USD including cost of satellite dish, you need a 5 foot dia dish) it runs about $110 a month

Bob K

BOB. Do you get BEIN SPOTS CHANNEL   ESPN DEPORTES CHANNEL , FOX SPORTS NETWORK ( all these cover the best soccer games from Europe ). If so what cable company offers these channels in DR ?

Thanks Bob K for your reply,so yu have to buy the Dish and then it costs $110.oo a month,wow. Ok what would be my second option then?.

Bob !!  try buying a heavy duty surge protector for that kind of incidents ( lightings ) !!  Some surge  protectors are specifically to handle lightings the kind they use at offices !!

We actually have a whole house surge protector at electricity source to the home.  It has saved our equipment at least two times so far as we have had two direct hits at our home.

Bob K

$3000 usd to install Dish you got to be kidding.
Just get internet only unlimited data and watch tv online

Almost all of that cost was for the 6.5 ft dish purchase, installation receiver heads and running the system to the house.  No small 1.5 foot house mounted receiver works on DISH here.

Otherwise a couple hundred dollars for the receiver in the house and just monthly costs.

Bob K

Get local cable tv.

How much for basic cable & decent speed internet form Delancer on the north shore? It used to be cheap, 5 years ago. Under $25 USd per month combined.

so how much does it cost now.

Depending on what you want channel wise Delancer is about $30-$50 month.

Bob K

Bob, is that bundled with the net too? I believe my question was for the total cost of basic cable & internet.  Any info would help, anyone?