We too are moving to VT well just north in a village called Polska ??

Hi,
can anyone tell us any more about this area good and bad...we are at the moment living in Hungary but wishing to set up business in Bulgaria... My hubby spent about 8 years between sunny beach and bansko and speaks the language he has visited VT and i have only heard good things about this city...big adventure for us im excited and cant wait any info would be fantastic thank you
Lesley & Yan
lol we are moving to Polski Senovets

Hi Lesley & Yan,

Please note that I have created a new thread as from your post on the Bulgaria Forum for more visibility and better interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hello Lesley and Yan,

The area of Veliko Tarnovo is beautiful and has a lot to offer.
We bought a house here 7 years ago and never had any bad experience over those years except for some bad roads (which are being renovated now)

I must say that the part south of Veliko Tarnovo, towards Gabrovo, is a lot more attractive and peaceful.

I now work for/together with a Real Estate Agency in Veliko Tarnovo called Select BG.
Next to the housing part we give legal advice, import cars, open bank accounts, provide translators and a lot more.

If you have any specific questions I will be more than happy to provide you with the answers!

Greetings, Alexander

thank you for that... lesley

We were actually looking at that before i read your post...lol we have 4 motorcycles and a van we will need to Insure and MOT and TAX? or Import...any suggestions on costs i know in hungary there is a site you can go to I have just got to grips with their ways and now im having to adapt...not easy at almost 50 lol..
Also are there many motorcyclists in this area we are very keep bikers and would be looking for contact with others wo enjoy the same hobby

AlexBG wrote:

Hello Lesley and Yan,

The area of Veliko Tarnovo is beautiful and has a lot to offer.
We bought a house here 7 years ago and never had any bad experience over those years except for some bad roads (which are being renovated now)

I must say that the part south of Veliko Tarnovo, towards Gabrovo, is a lot more attractive and peaceful.

I now work for/together with a Real Estate Agency in Veliko Tarnovo called Select BG.
Next to the housing part we give legal advice, import cars, open bank accounts, provide translators and a lot more.

If you have any specific questions I will be more than happy to provide you with the answers!

Greetings, Alexander

we will also be looking for work until the business takes off Yan has experience in property sale and worked in Plovdiv...so if anything in this area comes up doing the same give us a shout pls
he is also a qualified painter and decorator ......now like asking is there this is my cheeky Manchester coming out lol

Hi Lesley&Yan,

I suggest you drop your resume in the Real estate agent job offers in Bulgaria section or maybe in the Construction and Civil engineering jobs in Bulgaria section please as it might help :)

Best of luck with everything !

Thank you

Maximilien

Max it was only in conversation not a job advert lol

I'm a Scot and moved to a village just outside VT this year after spending 2 years looking at areas I might like to settle in and can say I have no regrets. VT is a nice not overcrowded city with friendly and helpful people all around

excellent news Ron were moving to Sushitsa so a little farther out but lovely all the same ..
glad your happy and settled

Change of plan! we are now looking for a vacant house for sale to "caretake " over the winter in BG until we find the right place ...probably for 3-6 months ....Anyone ?

You might get a caretaker house but I know a couple of estate agents in VT who do short term lets. When we came we rented an apartment while we looked for a house we wanted to buy. In the end we were only in the apartment 2 months

cheers Ron

Hi Lesley and Yan,

I know many other Expats that live up around that area. Around Polski Trambesh is very popular with Brits and every village has it's fair share. Trambesh has good services and is a lively town and VT is only a stone's throw away down a moderately well maintained road.

I live south of VT but have visited a few friends there and travelled through many of the small villages. They all seem quite lively but noticed pretty large gypsy communities the further north you go past Polski Trambesh and although harmless could possibly increase the chances of theft.

VT is a lovely historic town with a lot of character and all the goods and services you could want from a small city in BG. Also a great place to meet many other Brits if you get a little homesick for the Brit voice.

Roads can be a bit dodgy here so if driving I would suggest a vehicle with strong suspension like a small jeep or SUV.

Hope this helps out a little. If you have any questions I'd be happy to help out.

Regards,

Ray ([email protected])

Thanks Ray, I must say everyone is much more friendlier here than they were on the Hungary threads when we first moved there ...

Thank you all