Volunteer work in Paris as an English speaker with very little French

Hi there,

Having moved to Paris on a long stay visa, I am not allowed to work but I am very keen to do volunteer work in any field. Unfortunately my french is in progress! I have incredible administrative experience having worked for fifteen years at the top University in SA, namely UCT (University of Cape Town) and am a multi faceted person with varied interests, in sport, people, animals. It would really be wonderful for me to be able to work with children or animals or any field where I can just feel that I have a some sort of purpose and feel that I am contributing to life! Food schemes?

I am finding it very difficult to find volunteer work that is not either for young people or long term (i.e. a year programme). My week days are currently free and most evenings!

PLEASE, any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Genie

Hi Genie,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you post an advert in the Volunteering in Paris section please as it might help :)

Best of luck !

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat.com Team

Hi Genie,

It might be possible to volunteer in preschools and/or kindergartens since a new schedule was introduced this year in Paris (called "Reforme des rythmes scolaires") which allows outside contributors ("animateurs") to run a special activity with the kids (sport, music, pretty much anything) twice a week.
I am a contributor myself so I can tell you more about it directly. Here's my email : michaellovesjazz (at) hotmail (dot) com
Welcome to France !

Hi Michaellovesjazz

Thank you so much for your response to my message.
I have emailed you and look forward to hearing from you.
My email is wotalark with the same ending as yours.

Warm regards
Genie

Hi Michaellovesjazz,

Please feel free to share these information on the Paris forum, this might surely help other members.

Regards,

David.