Just details requested.

Hi fellow expats, I know this is a long shot and some of you probably wonder what's wrong with me... But I just need to know how chances are in settling down in Seville and start a new challenge. Because that's what it is if you read my message here. I'm a 56 year old single Belgian living in Bangkok-Thailand for the past 12 years. I've been active in language education, translations and some consulting. The situation for expats hasn't improved a lot here and as a matter of fact business & employment opportunities were and are very scarce in this South Eastern country. I know that Spain is in a very bad economic shape and that at my age a move would probably be a very risky move. I can only provide work & life experience and being a holder of a bachelor degree + the TEFL teaching certificate. I virtually don't know how life in Seville is in general and moreover if the unemployment rate in the fields I mentioned are high too (?). I'd appreciate any comment on this and really don't expect anything new but I'm just curious... Thanks a lot for reactions.  Gary A.

Hi, I belgian too :) In sevilla. Hope you enjoy your time if you come here!

Thank you for the message. Can I ask from which region you are in Belgium and what made u decide to relocate to Seville? Retirement, new job or anything else? Like to know how the job market is in language education, translations and consulting, if you can of course. Appreciated. Gary :):huh:

Im from the flemish Part near Brussels.
The reason I moved is for my job, although it's in the transport sector.

OK, thanks. So we could eventually exchange emails in Dutch/Flemish but it seems this isn't such a good place to do so. All seems to be going in English. Anyway my em address = [email protected], just in case I have a few more inquiries.
Hope your move has been satisfying sofar. Take care and thanks for the reply.  Gary