Good dentist and dermatologist in gzira and surrounding areas

good evening everyone!  i don't know much about malta's health system -yet-  but i will need to visit a dentist soon and a dermatologist for a second opinion. if anyone can help me i will be grateful!

another question i have is what are the benefits regarding health once i receive the e-residence card.

thanks!

Hi, I can only help on the dental side. NHS wise, you would have to ask the others about entitlement as I'm not sure on it all. As a permanent resident, the NHS offers check up's and scale and polish only, any treatment needed is offered for exempt patients only, otherwise as an emergency you can have an extraction. There is about a 12/18 month waiting list for a check up. You book at the dental department at the hospital.

as for private, what sort of dentist are you looking for? I know most of the dentist in Malta. although I have not had treatment with them, I can give you a good idea of dentist suited for your care.

hi coxf0001! at some point i'll need a cleaning and i want to ask about whitening. so i just want the best.

Ok, there are only 2 clinics that offer a hygienist in Malta, Hamrun and Rabat,) otherwise, any dentist will do a quick cleaning.

I am not 100% sure on who does whitening though.

In Sliema, there is St. James hospital. There is the Camilleri clinic in Regents House (just down from Next on right hand side.) They are a huge family of dentists, offering all aspects of dentistry. There are 5 more, small, single handed clinics, which for your needs, I don't think will be suitable.

In Gzira, the Demajo clinic is also a family of dentists, up to date and modern but to be honest, the nurses in there have always seemed rude to me and lacking in interest.
Dr David Vella, is a lovely clinic, modern, up to date, from simple fillings to Implants (Demajo do implants too.) The staff are lovely, well trained and organised. There is also the Padovani clinic, slightly older fasioned but trying to upgrade, good alround dentistry.
I can get the addresses of which ever one you are interested in, I didn't want to write them all down!!

Hope this helps a bit.

Hi martelli,

the health care benefits depend on the entitlement you used to register for residency (NHS if you pay contributions through work,private insurance or transfer of entitlement from another country).

You will be getting ordinary residency. Permanent residency can be applied for after living in Malta for more than 5 years.

Cheers
Ricky

good dentist in rue d ' argens Gzira. next to Toni and Guy,, Profs Camilleri :)

eilrit wrote:

good dentist in rue d ' argens Gzira. next to Toni and Guy,, Profs Camilleri :)

Yes I missed that one...I was always put off with the black carpet on the walls on the way up!!!

thank you all very much!coxf0001 i'll send you a pm sometime next week for the addresses!