Miserable job in al ain

Hey guys, nice to be here.

I got a RA position in UAEU and the poor salary is ca. 6000 aed. I was wondering how I can survive in al ain.

Any idea how to find a decent acommendation over there? I used to live in Saudi for 2 years in Jeddah. I hope al ain is not as conservative.

Thanks

Hi oxnew,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

You should post an advert in the Housing in Al Ain section please as it might help :)

Best of luck

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi, im sure you will survive as most people who receive lower salary than you survive in al Ain . pretty nice place if you ask me . you can find decent accomodation in Al ain .

Al Ain would be a huge relief for you compared to Jeddah.  You can find cheap accommodation and manage.  Why did you put the title as 'miserable job'?

Sorry, but I have never lived in UAE, the salary given is lower than the one I got in Jeddah, and I thought life expense would be more expensive, I guess. That's why

Thanks for the information, however I guess singles will always find it hard there in a Islamic country.

from what country are you oxnew ? thought you are from saudi or just an expat working in saudi ?

I am a Chinese, I used to live in US and Saudi, as a student, and also travelled to countries like Thai, hk, Lebanon, Lanka, Malay, pak etc, never entered UAE before, this time I got a RA in UAEU located in al ain

there are lots of chinese people here in Dubai , havent know if Al ain has a considerable chinese community but i guess there maybe some chinese living there . anyways , if you have no problem communicating with other nationalities then theres no problem with that

Thank you ma'am, actually, as to my previous experience, I used to hang out with non-Chinese more.. I don't care if I can find Chinese there or not... Thanks a lot

Hi,
Wish you a nice stay in Al Al Ain.If you still haven't found an accomodation yet, you can check through some advert news papers
or some sites that have adeverts about accommodation. If single an average studio apartment would cost about AED 1000- 1800 a month. I still on leave until Oct.26,2013. If you need any help, don't hesitate to call me on 0552727359 or 0505316405.
Regards,
Atif

Dear Atif

As far as I know the employer is gonna assign acommendation upon my arrival there in the campus, however, I will then find places to live in later after one month living in campus. The price you just mentioned seems to be well affordable, thank you very much for the information.

Eid Mubarak, shukria

Best

Hello there

Al Ain is a beautiful place and you will not have difficulty in finding a cheaper Accomodation. There is plenty of expats lives with much lesser than 6k in my knowledge. It all depends how you want to live.

Just a quick question. If you found the job is miserable, why are you moving into al Ain?

All the best

GJP

Well, it is a gap year between my MS and PhD, I have no other choice.

And thanks for your info