Upcoming Trip

Haven't made flight reservations yet but plan to fly into Quito and then onto Cuenca. Are the flights to Cuenca something I reserve in advance or wait till I arrive in Quito? If the latter how many daily flights to Cuenca. Thanks

Also, whats the weather like in Dec-Jan? Over Christmas holidays

Forget the OP.

How many daily flights from Quito to Cuenca?

Hey Red,

I don't think you can fly direct. I flew from Austin to Miami on American. Then from Miami I flew LAN to Quito and Quito to Guayaquil where I enjoyed a 2 nite stay at the Sonesta. Then from Guayaquil to Quito and Quito to Cuenca.
Premium Business class on LAN is reasonable for the flight from Miami and far better than 1st class on American.
Better to plan in advance say 90 days with departure on Tue. or Wed. Also double check with airlines a week or 2 in advance for any schedule changes.

Carl Miller
Cuenca, Ecuador

Thanks Carl, good info.

How many daily flights from Quito to Cuenca.

I count 15 on the weekdays from various airlines and different rates depending on time of departure.
I wrote a long message about my positive experiences with LAN airlines but some glitch kicked it back.
I will be glad to answer any of your questions based upon my personal experience.

Adios,

Carl Miller
Cuenca, Ecuador

Thanks again Carl and thanks for your offer of assistance.

Since this is my first trip I'd like to get to Cuenca asap to get as good a feel as possible. I may spend my last week (3 total) in Bahia. Those are the two cities I've done the most research on and am very interested in both.