MEXICAN CAR INSURANCE... IMPORTATION OF VEHICLE.

NEED ACURATE INFO.  ON MEXICAN CAR INSURANCE. ALSO,  DO YOU NEED VALID CAR INSURANCE IN U.S. TO GET  IMPORTATION OF VEHICLE DOCUMENT TO TRAVEL TO THE INTERIOR? THANKS FOR ANY RESPONSE/ANSWERS...

Hi MexicoBob,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Can you please avoid posting in caps lock, this might make your post more reader friendly. :)

Regards,

David.

Sure, not a problem. Thanks.

You don't need US insurance, but you do need Mexican insurance. US insurance is not valid in Mexico. There are a number of agencies selling Mexican Auto insurance. Sanborn's is very popular. Sanborn's Auto Insurance.

Thanks Joaquinx, i appreciate your help with your knowledge.   Your up to date with everything. Saludos.:)

Good car insurance suggestion.
What should be, or could be done about the requested donacion  when you use an ATM ? I have tried saying no and get my card returned with a polite would you like another transaction. They already charge a user fee. I avoid the ATM's mostly, but MEX dollars are definitely the preferred  monetary exchange. Is there a work around, or is this a given.

That is strange. I usually reply NO to these donations. It often is somewhere between 6 and 25 pesos, so it won't hurt you too much. You might be replying to the ATM fee that the ATM's bank would be charging for the use of a foreign card in the machine. I use BofA and go to Santander or Scotia ATMs because they are free of charge, but in a pinch I have used HSBC ones. Since there is a local bank charge and even a BofA charge, I first have to agree to that charge. If I remember correctly it is around 25 pesos.

Thanks for the information I will pay more attention to which ATM is which. I will also try No again. I have been using Banorte. because I really like the outside access and the extra security. The ATM that kicked my card back was at a bus station. After a couple of attempts to not pay the donation I thought maybe that is true of all ATM"s. You know what they say about assumptions, so I will quit assuming.

I have used Banamex for 2 years and never said yes with no problems.