Spouse threatening divorce if I take job in Saudi Arabia

Who has/is in this situation? Will you share your experiences?

wow.. that is a tough situation to be in.. If you can stay in a compound in Saudi than show her some of them online. They might convince her otherwise.

What's her petition reason going to be?  'Unreasonable behaviour?' Sometimes you have to go where the work is, where many go, and if you're the breadwinner in the household, proving that the move is for financial security reasons for the family then I'm not saying you wouldn't lose her, but she'd be made to look a bit silly in the divorce court.

But if you want to remain married, you're firmly grabbed by the danglies here.

she might be saving you here .... ;>

Listen to the spouse mate. It's not a dreamworld out here

Now I had a slightly different situation. My spouse almost threatened a divorce, if I did not move to KSA. Maybe our friend could use this as a reference to do what is in the best interests of the family as a whole!
All the best.

So I've heard... What do you think are the good and the bad?

What do you mean?

Those are 2 of the problems. She works here in US and can't work in KSA. Also, she says she will be very bored not working and always on the compound. She doesn't want to be "lady of leisure" for a year or 2.

I agree with your first paragraph...you understand my perspective. Your other statement appears true, too