Passat or Accord?

Hello all,

I am looking to purchase a new car. I am really confused between Accord (2.4) and Passat (SEL).

Passat comes with 5 years warranty, 3 years or 45k service inclusive.
I havent heard any offers from Honda as such.

What pulls me towards VW is the German technology, the simplicity of the car layout and the Fender-Panasonic audio system.

Whereas Accord has a sporty look and the I am familiar with the Accords in past.

HELP pls.

Thanks.

How much of consideration (weightage) do you give to other imp factors like:

Cost
Customer service reputation
Resell value
Spare parts cost (yes it's covered in the warrantee at the moment but that expires one day eventually)

How long do you plan to stay with this car?

Imho, music system can't be a deal maker/breaker. After all, you can customize to whatever limit you like.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

How much of consideration (weightage) do you give to other imp factors like:

Cost
Customer service reputation
Resell value
Spare parts cost (yes it's covered in the warrantee at the moment but that expires one day eventually)

How long do you plan to stay with this car?

Imho, music system can't be a deal maker/breaker. After all, you can customize to whatever limit you like.

I tend to stick to the car though its life, hence I would like to make an informed decision.

Resale value doesn't matter. Cost of maintenance matters. CS definitely means alot.
Assuming by cost you mean the price of the car, which is same for both cars here. I don't tend to get the car modified in any way. So id prefer built-in music system to be good enough.

Ride quality matters too.

So what do you reckon?

I had a ride in my friend's VW cc (The one bigger than passat) & what an amazing car, Japanese don't even come close to German's in terms of car built and performance the ride the interior and everything was amazing.

Accord full option is around 120k and VW cc with leather seats is for 130k so it's not a huge difference. I would recommend you to look into it.

The customer service at both the dealers is only satisfactory, SAMACO (being the only spare providers) tends to increase the spare parts price a lot (I've heard this about Porsche, not sure if the same applies for VW) whereas Accord spare parts are also expensive but comparatively cheaper than VW, and there are multiple dealers where you can find the original parts

I second you on the music system, a good built-in system allows you to save 5-10k, and ofcourse the original thing cannot be compared to customised one. it's also a deal breaker for me

My vote for 'das auto' :)

About CS, something noteable here: http://riyadhconnect.com/61-saudi-car-o … r-service/

TheLegendLeads wrote:

My vote for 'das auto' :)

About CS, something noteable here: http://riyadhconnect.com/61-saudi-car-o … r-service/

Thats my question. Why would you go for it?

Assuming you have compared them wrt speks and temperature compatibility,

Cost: No diff
Customer Service: We can't over-expect.
Resell value: Not important
Spare parts: VW will be a bit expensive but consider it the trade off for the quality, drive
Audio: You said Fender-Panasonic

So on my scorecard, VW leapfrogs.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Assuming you have compared them wrt speks and temperature compatibility,

Cost: No diff
Customer Service: We can't over-expect.
Resell value: Not important
Spare parts: VW will be a bit expensive but consider it the trade off for the quality, drive
Audio: You said Fender-Panasonic

So on my scorecard, VW leapfrogs.

Alright.

Salam,

I was just going through the blogs and came across your messages regarding the choice between accord and vW.. i concluded that u went for the latter one.. i am also planning to go for vw passat, knowing the fact that the samaco being the worst of all and the cost of maintenance, i just want your feed back regarding the service and any maintenance cost headache you faced so far.

Hassan Bikya wrote:

Salam,

I was just going through the blogs and came across your messages regarding the choice between accord and vW.. i concluded that u went for the latter one.. i am also planning to go for vw passat, knowing the fact that the samaco being the worst of all and the cost of maintenance, i just want your feed back regarding the service and any maintenance cost headache you faced so far.

Hey! I just received your PM 4 times. Iv replied you there. :)