Holiday pay in Norway...

I recently quit my job and I was supposed to get my holiday pay this month.. but now the owner says give him 4 weeks.. he has previously tried to scam me before. Im wondering what the law says about when is the legal time to get my money and if there is a way to stop this guy scamming me more!

Hello,

According to: http://www.arbeidstilsynet.no/fakta.htm … utbetales?

Når skal feriepengene utbetales?

Feriepengene skal i utgangspunktet utbetales siste vanlige lønningsdag før ferien.

Det mest vanlige er imidlertid at virksomheten utbetaler feriepengene i en bestemt måned, for eksempel juni. Reglene om utbetaling av feriepenger kan fravikes ved tariffavtale.

Det er ikke lov å inkludere feriepenger i lønn med mindre dette er direkte regulert gjennom tariffavtale.

Hi dmcart13!

In English? :)

Armand

It was a copy-paste job from the government website. They don't seem to have it in English. My own translation would be:

When to holiday pay is paid?

Holiday pay should normally be paid on the last normal payday before the holidays.

The most common situation is that the company pays holiday pay in a particular month, such as June. The rules regarding payment of holiday pay may be waived by collective agreement.

It is not allowed to include holiday pay in wages, unless it is directly regulated by collective agreement.

When you leave your job, the holiday pay is due, either immediately, if you request it, or in June of the year it should have been paid.

Yes each year i get it in june, but this year the owner has said wait 4wks (which means longer im sure of it). He has also sold the business to a new owner so i fear he will no pay. He owes co workers  wages since last August, and is completely unreliable. So im just wondering where do i go to report this, and is it possible that i never get my money?

Here is detailed in Norwegian what you can do. you can use google translate maybe. http://www.arbeidstilsynet.no/fakta.html?tid=78210
A very high level summary:
- request orally payment to your employer
- if not received, send recommended letter with a one week delay to pay
- if no payment received, you take the case to the Forliksrådet  of the commune where your employer is located, they shall help you from there (but you have to do the steps above before taking the case their)

If your employer cannot pay because he is bankrupt, then there are other mechanism of compensation that come in the picture, but maybe not for holiday pay.