Post Graduate Teaching degree

Hi,

I have previously completed a Bachelor in Applied Science and completed a Graduate Diploma in Teaching which is EXACTLY like a degree except in intense mode with more teaching practical hours out of school hours.

I have recently heard that people in Dubai/Abu Dhabi don't consider that as a teaching degree. Even though I got a distinction as a grade? Is this the normal mentality?

I have been teaching at 2 private schools over the last 3 years and have both IB PYP AND UK + AUS Curriculum experience.

Does it sound promising for me in Dubai atm?

I really need an answer ASAP.

What should I be receiving in wages as a standard teacher? Team leader for K1?

Hi Keira, I'm not 100% sure but I guess they'll accept your qualification as a degree because similar things happen in Engineering as well because the qualification criteria varies from country to country! Furthermore, your experience will be definitely an attracting point!

I'm not sure about the wages but considering your profile it should be in the range of 6,500 US$ to 9,000 US$
It can be more or less depending upon the school, location and negotiation.

Good Luck :)

Thanks!!!:D

Hi Keira, you will definately find a job as i did a pgce and just secured 1 in Dubai. Ur at an even bigger advantage because you hav teaching and curriculum experience,this is a key factor in salary. Salary is based on number of years experience.Even the most minimum salary is good enough for you to live in UAE as schools usually provide you with accomadation and benefits.(that's what I'm getting) However they will only recognise your pgce if u wish to teach (our other degrees don't carry any weight)All the best with ur job hunt. Hurry as schools biggest intakes are on at the moment because most schools 1st terms are in Aug/Sept.

I have secured a job! I just don't know what I can get away with wearing as a teacher.

Any pics?

Oh sorry ʆ☺ʆ i guess it was an old post or i had a silly moment. Hmmm i need to figure that 1 out too!