Salary for a telecom support engineer

Hi all! I've received a proposal for working in Oslo as a telecom support engineer. I have twoo years of experience in the knowledge concerning that proposal. Also some travel could be required. 55k€/year has been offered. I do not know nothing about style of life there, so I need your help mainly for a few questions:

1) How does this salary fit to this type of work?

2) Is this salary a good one to live there?

3) Do you know what could be a similar salary in Spain to help me to understand what could I do there with that amount of money?

Thx 4 all

I think that's a border salary...it won't be sufficient to cover even the monthly expenses. Norway is quite costly.

On the other hand, you have just 2 years experience. So, it wouldn't be right enough to say that you need to expect much more.

Probably, you will have to share accommodation, have a strict control on your other expenses, etc.

Thank you very much for your comments Amit.

Could you tell me then what is enough there for not to live with those problems (sharing accommodation or have a strict control on your other expenses, etc.)?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi,

I think you should then ask for EUR 75K atleast. This will ensure an okay-okay life.

Taxes are very high@36%. Housing too is very costly.
So, you should atleast ask for EUR 75K.

Best luck.

Amit

Hello Amit,

Thank you so much!! That's exactly what I need to know!

Hi,

If you are a engineer it may be a little low but it's enough to live a proper live in Norway. To rent a flat is expensive in the largest cities.

People working in groceries store, selling kitchen, working in a transport agent company and so earn this amount, so its a very common sallary in Norway, before tax.

Hello Zeast,

So what do you think could be a proper amount for my profile?

With your comments I am getting the idea about that stuff there in Oslo.

Thx 4 your advices

As telecom is not the oil industry, I would say 75K EUR is too much for two years experience. The salary you received is on the low side for sure but it may depend on the other benefits you have. Starting at around NOK 500K per year is more common with your profile and experience.

Actually I dont know. But you got enough to live for and 55K is normal for most norwegians.