Life in Switzerland part 1

hey everyone,

i would just like to get the full extent to the general laws in Switzerland??

i have read things on the internet about not flushing the toilet after 10pm, noise and also something about public smoking.

i just was a brief about the common laws and regulation.

cheers :)

That is a very difficult question. Switzerland is said to be completely over regulated. So you will have to specify your areas of interest for common laws.

The thing about the toilet flushing for example is not really a law. It often forms part of contracts for apartments together with not taking a shower or a bath after 10pm. But at least the toilet part is not backed by the existing law of “quiet time” after 10pm. Nobody can tell you when you are allowed to flush your toilet. That would be ridiculous. :-) The "ban" on showers and baths normally only applies in really old buildings which can be clairaudient.

Smoking in public is allowed in Switzerland. But it is banned within public buildings (trainstations, offices, restaurants, bars etc). Drinking in public is also legal.

Not flushing the toilet after 10pm ? Really ? I was born in here and had never heard that one to be honest

Thats too much of Law, if its really true!!

i wonder myself???

Any more questions about the weird and wonderful world of Swiss laws? :-)