Pay for Software Engineer

Hello All,

I am new to this forum , i am considering going to norway this month , i am Engineering graduate with 2+ industrial experience
for about one year i am working as a freelancer Embedded Software Engineer from india for a Norwegian company  , they  were paying me 15$/ hour rate which is typical for india , now they want me to come to oslo,norway and assist in their development for about 3 months , they are offering to take responsibility of Rent , Food , Transport etc , and they offer me same 15$/hour ( after tax deduction)  Payment , I know this is probably very less compared to the  Par hour rate Paid for embedded Software in Norway , but i have not idea about correct rate in Norway , and the reason they are calling me there is that they don't want to pay Norwegian Price otherwise they could hire local engineer , still i think i should bargain with them , what do you think should be a respectable and good Par Hour Price , if the salary is same as here there is no motive for me to travel that far , also i think even after rent , food etc there can be many expenses in a city like oslo.

hi man,

everybody is coming in Norway to make money, good money.if your company pay for food, rent,transport etc that's a good thing BUT 15$/hour is extremely less for Norway/Oslo.Better bargain and do not destroy the market:)
good luck

Thanks for advice , whats norway pay for software freelance  in $/ hour

depends on many factors, as you guess,naming a few experience,nationality:( field of activity,company,city, competition, etc... here i met persons with 130$/hour, not being in managing positions, but yeah with 12 years experience... so depends on you. anyhow i was working in the past, remote in different countries.i kept my country salary, company pay for rent transp food etc and as a plus, i had some 80-90$/day for working abroad.

Bargain more.25 ll be good for people of your experience if they
Give your all other facility

Hi,
   From what i can see you could save around 30,000 if you have a very low quality life in Oslo(No Booze, No Eating out, No Travelling) - Jus the same indian IT life with shivering cold. $30-$40 would be good. Beleive me everything is costly and rental is also high. Eating out is impossible for such a salary.

Regards
Pithru Patel