Me and my girlfriend are both looking for work in Dubai

Hi

me and my girlfriend are both looking at working over in duabai for a year.

she's a qualified australian high school teacher (science, but can do most others) the australian teacher federation are willing to move/sponsor her to teach in dubai for a year with accomodation and everything paid for.

our problem is i'd like to go with her,

i have just finished my apprenticeship in mechanical fitting at a government power station and wondering whats the best way to go about applying for jobs in the machining, manufacturing, maintenance area over in dubai

i assume its alot like over here where "its not WHAT you know but WHO you know" in regards with getting a job.

my dad had actually worked in the UAE for a year or two before her passed away 4 or 5 years ago so i'm trying to track down some of his old employers to ask about how to apply for jobs and thigns.

also me and my girlfriend are un married, how much of a problem is this really over in the UAE?

Hello havabeer.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

For more interaction, a new thread has been created from your message on the Dubai forum.

In meantime, I invite you to read these articles on Work/Labor market in Dubai.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Your girlfriend will find a job that offers accommodation plane tickets health insurance.  So she doesn't need a sponsor because she will be getting one.    Here are some places she can look at:

Taleem School. Dubai 9000 aed

ADEC Abu Dhabi 20 000 aed
Glenelg school of Abu Dhabi 20 000
Emirates private school 10 000 Abu Dhabi

These are big schools. Have her google the rest and forward emails

SABIS 10 000aed

There's 2 hrs drive between Abu Dhabi and dubai.  At the moment Abu Dhabi is a nice place to work and dubai nice place to spend. Many live in dubai and work in adu dhabi

You guys won't have trouble living together.  But she ca no sponsor you. So you must find sth.

I don't know anything about your field.  It's best that you google job posts and apply.  If you know someone of course it makes it better.  Your gf won't have difficulty finding sth
LOOK Sth in the government. They will offer you sth higher and better than private. But it's so hard to find sth like that

Gooodluck